Fitted wardrobes

AliG

I thought this might be useful for people looking for fitted wardrobes.

Most of our bedrooms have wardrobes with the same doors as the our room doors, but our bedroom had a dressing room that needed fitted furniture.

I see this all the time in various show homes but didn't know where to buy it.

As we struggled to find it we did get quotes from a couple of people - Sharp's and someone the builder knew. These were roughly £11,000 and £10,000.

I just wasn't prepared to pay this, basically it is 4 double wardrobes, 2 singles and 2 chests of drawers (I changed it to 3 when I built it). No way was I paying over £1000 per item, it is ridiculous.

Anyway I had found two companies on line that allow you to order fitted furniture cut to size. I was a bit concerned about using these as I wasn't sure about the quality and particularly I was worried about getting the measurements wrong.

In the end I just decided to get on with it and the builder's joiners fitted them.

They look great and they cost around £6000 compared to the £10000+ quotes I had, still not cheap but a lot more reasonable.

That's about £4500 for the cabinetry and then the fitting, I could have done most of it myself but simply don't have time.

The company I used was

https://www.diyhomefit.co.uk

The other one I found was 

https://www.larkandlarks.co.uk

The second would have been a little cheaper but I just felt better about the first and they were a little more flexible. They also had 2400mm tall wardrobes that I thought would fill the space better.

It is very heavy, the drawers and wardrobe backs are all 18mm board.

The handles still have to be fitted and I decided to get some kind of granite top to finish it off nicely.

56113488726__3A477AF2-F057-40C3-B874-6109DE0CE811.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG

IMG_6642.JPG

IMG_6644.JPG

IMG_6643.JPG

Edited by AliG
  • Like 5