Windows for new build in Kent, suggestions needed

Sharon

Hi, welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Kent are you? We didn't go for ali-clad windows in the end as the price was too high but others on here have fitted them and I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Edited by PeterStarck

Hi @Sharon and welcome.  I went for 3g ali clad Internorm because we are very exposed high on a ridge and get all the weather.  They were expensive but we felt the most solid.  Lots of others about and people on here have used quite a variety, sure you will get some feedback on lots of options.

In my experience the retailer you buy through is as important as  the product itself,  great windows rubbish installers = my experience.  Check out the installers reputation whichever brand of windows you go for.

I didn't go for ali-clad in the end due to cost. I tried local companies who were abysmal with their service and offerings and indeed nationally I wasn't impressed either. When it comes to begging companies for even getting a quote there is something seriously wrong (self builds should not be seen as any different). In the end I ended up getting my windows from Europe.