Soil pipe from under slabs to floor level manifold - how and where to terminate?

Digmixfill

Hello everyone.

I have a soil pipe that runs from a chamber outside, through the foundations and across the ground under the hardcore to a downstairs bathroom.  I think I'm going to have to feed the bath waste into a floor level manifold beside the toilet outlet to get a drop.  I've looked at a couple of manifolds that are similar to the image attached. Some recess the body into the screed, some sit atop but all seem to have a similar length outlet to connect to the soil pipe. 

I've not come across any details yet on the depth to terminate the long radius bend in the floor to accommodate  these manifolds. Any pointers/ideas welcomed.

floor.conctruction.png

waste.manifold.png

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Hi.

You'll find all the dimensional details here. Scroll down until you get to 'rest bends' ;) 

Thank you :)

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

@Digmixfill that floor make up is barely building regs and with UFh that’s going to lose a lot of heat. Have you spoken to your architect about changing any of that design and losing the lower slab in place of more insulation ..??

The plans for this where put together prior to the 2010 regs. I've already dug out enough to have 100mm insulation, so it is slightly better.  I'm close to putting the hardcore down, so if things are to change in the floor now is the time.

I'd be more than happy to replace the lower slab with 150mm of insulation if building control are ok with it.

3 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

If there is enough fall you may want to have 400mm from FFL to pipe invert and this will allow for whatever manifold to be sunk in.  100mm screed seems a lot so maybe go 75mm with thicker insulation.  The floor will warm up quicker.

I like the idea of a thicker screed. I can always bring the heat on earlier if it's slow to respond.

On 12/10/2018 at 08:13, PeterW said:

@Digmixfill that floor make up is barely building regs and with UFh that’s going to lose a lot of heat. Have you spoken to your architect about changing any of that design and losing the lower slab in place of more insulation ..??

Had a conversation with a BCO today. Insistent that the lower slab stays but i can reduce it and the hardcore to get double the insulation in. :)