Plate heat exchanger - insulating

readiescards

I have a Hrale Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger 30 Plates max. 125 kW Plate Heat Exchanger installed in a cupboard.  However there seems to be no matching insulating kit available for this device. 

Any suggestions on how to insulate - or just live with a jolly warm cupboard?

IMG_20180914_154924.jpg

Go to your local camping shop and buy a cheap foam rollmat and get the Stanley knife out ...

Cut it into strips to go round the edges and panels for the front and back and glue them together with impact adhesive.

You can reinforce the corners with duct tape if needed but that’s pretty much how we used to do process engineering vessel insulation albeit with nitrile rubber insulation. 

• Like 1

I made an insulated box for ours, using 50mm PIR foam and aluminium foil tape.  Seems to work OK and wasn't hard to make.  I glued the foam pieces together with low expansion gun foam, then neatened up the outside with the aluminium tape so it looked tidy:

574733d8d0819_Plateheatexchangerandpump.thumb.JPG.23b76fd860479d8679f2bb0cc465dba4.JPG57473664a0e56_SunampPVspace-2.thumb.JPG.2c4bbb4b56379df4b56083dfac01bf71.JPG

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

On 10/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, readiescards said:

The available insulating kits are listed here:

https://www.wiltec.de/catalogsearch/result/?q=insulating+jacket/heat

But Wiltec (eBay) confirm there is no kit for the 125 unit - which I think is a B3-23-30 unit

I wanted to advise you to leave a warm cupboard, but your advice is much better :) I wonder how much it heats up.