Plastic Kitchen Units

Sjk

Is this for flood resilience?  If the flood risk is that severe you should look at locating the kitchen upstairs.  If not, just go with normal units, where you will get a huge choice at sensible cost.  Kitchens only last 15 years before they look dated, so if you get flooded, just chuck out the damaged units and buy new ones.  If you have stone type worktop this can be reused if you stick with exactly the same layout.

Other flood resilient measures would be where practical, to site all electrics above EA suggested flood level, build ground floor internal walls in concrete block finished in render, have ground bearing concrete ground floor, install a sewer non return valve in a 1200 diameter chamber.

• Thanks 1

These people sell refurbished 1950s English Rose kitchens, which I think are entirely aluminium and stainless steel, and should survive unless there are rocks in the flood. They are powder coated.

Very stylish, but I cannot vouch for budget.

http://www.source-antiques.co.uk/index.php

Made by the people who made Spirtfires iirc.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1

Yes it is for flood resilience, while I do not think it will be an issue, I'd rather make my life easier if the worst did happen.

Thanks on the other measures, we do already have this in mind.