oven width

My oven housing is 600 wide, external measurement with an internal width of 570mm but it seems that most single ovens say they are 600mm wide.  I want to assume that means they fit into a 600 wide unit as the housing doesn't come in a wider size but can someone please confirm that or otherwise for me please.  I can't afford another expensive mistake

Yes the 600mm refers to the overall width.

More important is finding one the right height to fit the gap in the unit. They come in several different heights, as do kitchen units, and sometimes spacer bars are used to make up the gap.

It's a lot simpler buying the oven and unit from one supplier, in fact Howdens had a much better selection of Ovens than anyone else in the local area to us.

Just gone to look at the ovens they do and they price match - bugger!

Thing is, before my sister decided to lend me the money to pay off the mortgage I was going to manage without an oven until this house sold as the money just wasn't there.  When the situation changed my mind didn't compute that I should at least look at what they were offering.  

So long as the 600mm one's will fit though I'll go back to my original intention and see if I can pick one up on ebay.  It doesn't take an expensive oven to cook a pizza once a week and the occasional roast or ready meal

I want to go and have a look round somewhere where I can find one I like the look of first.  Things have been so hectic this past few weeks I've only just realised it's time to decide lol

5 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

I want to go and have a look round somewhere where I can find one I like the look of first.  Things have been so hectic this past few weeks I've only just realised it's time to decide lol

All those people insisting on finishing the House so quickly. Totally scandalous ??

Given that DIY are round the corner, you have maximum flexibility.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, newhome said:

I don't even do that :). I use a small halogen oven with just me here. The normal oven only gets used when people come. 

Can you cook a pizza in the halogen?

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

All those people insisting on finishing the House so quickly. Totally scandalous ??

I know - so much pressure - and great plumbers,  electrician,  plasterers and all round craftsman have convinced me (finally) that this is actually going to happen LOL

11 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Yeah, I guess I could persuade them to sell me one anytime within the next 6 months :ph34r:

I did have my heart set on a Neff slide and hide (future proofing) but can't justify it at full price

14 minutes ago, newhome said:

Not sure - I don't really eat pizza TBH unless I'm in Pizza Hut :D

Google says 'YES!'  perhaps that's the way to go in the short term.  Then can maybe get the Neff later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newhome said:

I don't even do that :). I use a small halogen oven with just me here. The normal oven only gets used when people come. 

ordered one - takes the pressure off - ????

I love pizza,  eat healthily 6 days a week but Saturday is pizza day

11 hours ago, Hecateh said:

ordered one - takes the pressure off - ????

I love pizza,  eat healthily 6 days a week but Saturday is pizza day

On the Neff, the best deals I can find for A Neff Slide and Hide (Grade A Catalytic Fan Oven) are for this one. The link is at £550 to B&Q of all places:

https://diy.com/departments/neff-b44m42n5gb-stainless-steel-electric-slide-hide-single-oven/1409102_BQ.prd

At B&Q you can nurdle.a bit more off with cash back etc .. perhaps £25 or a bit more if the pensioner or other discount applies and if you use a cash card. May be very slightly better deals on EBay outlets. 

I think that is the one I installed in the Little Brown Bungalow, and the previous tenants I signed out yesterday who are about to buy their first house were very happy with the t’oven.

Better deals we’re available least year ... under £400 minus nurdles, so it may  worth watching for Black Friday etc.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

All built in ovens fit in the housings - the width is the same on any built in +/- 2mm. 

There  should be a trim piece to cut down - looks a bit like a drawer front and it says filler on the order. What happens is you fit the oven into the bottom of the cavity then cut the trim lengthways to fit above the oven and bond it to the carcass. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeterW said:

Oh and go to Curry’s and try a hide and slide - the handles are awful and crack you across the knuckles if you get them wrong..! It’s a classic aesthetic over usability issue ....

I am on my second slide and hide (had one in last house) no problems whatsoever, a joy to use I would not swap back.

• Thanks 1

One of the Scots lads on here in sure kitted out his holiday let with "quality" appliances from shopping around on Gumtree, eBay, Preloved etc. 

I did the same with my bathroom. All the Geberit stuff; wc frame(s), wall drain, wall drain cover, flush plate (s) bought second-hand but new in the box or end of line. Same with the body dryer. 

Bargains to be had. Not so sure I'd want a second hand oven unless there was a good story behind it. Deffo not a used wc however cheap! Of course no g'tee either.

Recently bought an immaculate 1440p Dell monitor on Preloved for £200 vs £400 new. Guy was upgrading as he preferred an IPS to a TN panel

Edited by Onoff