Plastic bullnose window cills - any one got them?

readiescards

Our open brick porch has a pair of triple glazed (yes I know that is daft) windows that need finishing top and bottom without losing too much of the frame.

Has anyone used plastic bullnose window board:

http://www.kentsdirect.com/product/inside/hockey-nose-window-board-cover-150mm-2384

If so does it look ok, or is it super smooth characterless plastic? Can it be painted?

Any other ideas?  I had some old 30mm tiles cemented in but SWMBO had them removed before the cement set as they covered the window frame too much.

IMG-20181005-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20181005-WA0010.jpg

19 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

That product is rubbish. You have to fit horrible end caps 

For such a small area I think some fine wood and a good joiner are your friends.

Ask @Construction Channel

Btw where you been Ed

Lol, but yes I agree they’re  rubbish and no need for them, go for wood. You have plenty of frame to play with so it won’t look out of place. You could rout out some of the back to make it thinner if you wanted but don’t go too thin else it will warp. IMHO plastic inside is a big no no. 

Also im still here just been a bit quite. Too much to do and not enough time. I’ll update you all soon.......ish

• Like 1

I used ofcuts of Indian slate paving slabs as window cills.looked very good.

if you want something thinner then use 12mm thick natural stone. Your local stone supplier might have some off cuts or end of line sample you could have for cheap. Don’t do as my self Build neighbour did, he got some off cuts free, then wanted them cut to size, bevelled and polished and then grumbled when he got bill.