Internal doors bottom gap

All my lovely oak doors have now been fitted but I’m not happy with the gap left at the bottom, they’re roughly 30mm off the floor and don’t look right somehow, even once the floors are finished which is going to be 10mm laminate in most of them I still think the gap will look odd, any idea what it should be?

we had our gap increased from the ‘penny’gap as mvhr regs require a bigger gap cant recalll what it is offhand but I know my lovely carpenter thought it was a bit too much, think he took a middle way and no one commented. They look fine, they went in after tiling was done.

I’m just fitting the oak doors in hour house 

Upstairs I’ve left a 20 mil gap and may need to plain after carpets

Downstairs we have hard floors like you I’ve left a five mil gap as all the tiles are now down 

Much slower fitting this way as I I’m taking each door off several times to plain the bottom 

I suspect tgat your joiner has just ripped the same off each door with his circular saw 

Muck quicker Not great for you

We've got mvhr so 10mm all round for air circulation.  Downstairs is all hard flooring, upstairs has oak thresholds in the doorways to ensure the gap isn't compromised by carpet and it looks fine. When your laminate is down 20mm might look a bit gappy, but you could put a timber threshold in to split the difference.

• Thanks 1

I always like quarter of an inch above ffl be that carpet or tiles but sounds like you will have more like 15 after underlay and lam. As said a threshold could bring that down to 7/8mm. If still unhappy are your linings screwed and not decorated yet? Multitool bottom of linings and drop them 10mm

• Confused 1