Borders folk - Homebase closing - Hawick

Square Feet

This is the full list of the stores that are closing, Maybe a store near you has a closing down sale.

1. Aberdeen Bridge of Don
  2. Aberdeen Portlethen
  3. Aylesbury
  4. Bedford St Johns
  5. Bradford
  6. Brentford
  7. Bristol
  8. Canterbury
  9. Cardiff Newport Road
  10. Croydon Purley Way
  11. Droitwich
  12. Dublin Fonthill
  13. Dublin Naas Road
  14. Dundee
  15. East Kilbride
  16. Exeter
  17. Gateshead
  18. Grantham
  19. Greenock
  20. Hawick
  21. Inverness
  22. Ipswich
  23. Limerick
  24. London Merton
  25. London New Southgate
  26. London Wimbledon
  27. Macclesfield
  28. Oxford Botley Road
  29. Peterborough
  30. Pollokshaws
  31. Poole Tower Park
  32. Robroyston
  33. Salisbury
  34. Seven Kings
  35. Solihull
  36. Southampton Hedge End
  37. Southend
  38. Stirling
  39. Swindon Drakes Way
  40. Swindon Orbital
  41. Warrington
  42. Whitby

Edited by Triassic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Square Feet said:

...Canterbury

Bugger off @Onoff!This one's mine!:P

TBH, I've often found them over-priced and even with their 10% off most items are still more expensive than the likes of Screwfix. Car park's never had so many cars in there though! Suspect there's a lot of people going in there thinking they're walking out with a bargain when TS and SF (500m) up the road have it all for 20% cheaper! There's only a couple of aisles that have 50% off and that's screws/fixings, door ironmongery and smoke alarms. And again, you have to watch out what you are buying - some of the smoke detectors they are flogging are a "do not buy" from Which?  !!  And yes, I did only find that out after buying one (I'll be sticking that in the shed or flogging it to the MIL with a 50% markup!:D

I'll be going back every week to see the % discount increase on the other aisles, so let me know @Onoff if you are after anything in particular!:ph34r:

The Wick branch closed earlier this year. Only useful thing I picked up was a reciprocating saw (Bosch, IIRC - not something I'm expecting to use a lot, only used it once so far but that was a 30 metre cut) at half price. Frustrating that there was a lot of stuff which was almost useful but not quite what I wanted. Big pile of 18mm OSB3 I didn't think I needed then decided a week later that I did, went back and all gone of course. Still, it was only £6/sheet cheaper than my usual timber merchant.

10 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Bugger off @Onoff!This one's mine!:P

TBH, I've often found them over-priced and even with their 10% off most items are still more expensive than the likes of Screwfix. Car park's never had so many cars in there though! Suspect there's a lot of people going in there thinking they're walking out with a bargain when TS and SF (500m) up the road have it all for 20% cheaper! There's only a couple of aisles that have 50% off and that's screws/fixings, door ironmongery and smoke alarms. And again, you have to watch out what you are buying - some of the smoke detectors they are flogging are a "do not buy" from Which?  !!  And yes, I did only find that out after buying one (I'll be sticking that in the shed or flogging it to the MIL with a 50% markup!:D

I'll be going back every week to see the % discount increase on the other aisles, so let me know @Onoff if you are after anything in particular!:ph34r:

Ta. A bit of a trek for me. It'd cost me the saving I'd make in petrol! :)

Best deals I had was when Focus / Do It All at Sevenoaks became Wickes. It was 50% off then a week later another 50% off that. Got a Champion 18V cordless circular saw with two batteries for £20 something. A 230V "Dremel" again by Champion for about £7 from memory. Both still going strong. The nephew has a nose for a bargain with Homebase. When the Australians bought them and changed the cheapo power tool brand to I think Ozito, he picked up a 9" grinder for I think £13.