Composite deck

I’ve never been a fan of decking, too much maintenance to keep it slime free and therefore it’s not been something I’ve ever wanted however this composite decking has really caught my eye and I can get it to match my windows, cills etc so I’ve had lots of samples sent and finally decided to go with a firm called TekTimber, I can get 36m2 and all the joists etc for around 2.5k which seems ok to me . This morning with everything else under control I decided to start the process, was going to send them my plan to make sure I get exactly what I need so went onto website, that’s when I noticed a delivery calculator, ok put in my postcode- £400 delivery! This can’t be right! I then go onto live chat to query this, I’ve just spent 20 minutes of my life I won’t get back, the person I was chatting to didn’t even know if I was in Britain,”is this a uk postcode?”. It all ended with her telling me someone would phone me within 24 hours, I’m sorry but when I decide to take the time to sort something out I want to do it now, who knows in this crazy self build scenario what I’ll be doing 24 hours from now!

Pallett delivery for tiles was £50 per pallet from one company but I ended up going to another company and got free delivery as I was expecting with an order of over 2k 

unfortunately cant collect as they’re in Leicester but if I had the time I’d be cheaper hiring a van and going for it!

In a similar situation at the moment - ordering some composite decking to use as infill on a new set of gates, can't be ars*d to maintain wood.

2.2m lengths were £50 delivery, try ordering 4m lengths and the delivery jumped to £150.

• Sad 1

Pallett delivery for tiles was £50 per pallet from one company but I ended up going to another company and got free delivery as I was expecting with an order of over 2k 

unfortunately cant collect as they’re in Leicester but if I had the time I’d be cheaper hiring a van and going for it!

13 hours ago, Christine Walker said:

Think I’m going to have to look for a supplier locally, if I could get it through our builders merchant I’d get free delivery, it’s a shame because I’d looked at a lot of samples and I liked theirs and the price was ok but hey ho

I found that the bog standard stuff in the merchants was not as nice as the decking supplied by our balcony manufacturer - colour, finish etc.