Possibly starting all over again

AliG

We had to but they were approved yesterday.

It has created a 4 month delay between getting Scottish Water and planning's approvals.

The 4 month delay would not have been so bad if it was not on top of endless previous delays in the planning process.

• 8 months later...

I haven't been updating this.

After months and months of extreme frustration dealing with planning, building control etc we started the build a few weeks ago.

The frame started to go up today.

Very impressed with MBC so far.

They have done most of the first floor walls in a day.

IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9987.JPG

1752376724_IMG_99852.JPG

IMG_9992.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

House is flying along (other thang getting in the sliders)

They have almost finished the render board and first fix.

Next week they will start on the plasterboard and the render.

Mum and dad sold their flat today for crazy money, thought we might have missed the peak of the housing market. So that takes a lot of worry away and will help to pay for the cost increases on the new place.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fd41782b1d7f1493224ac1829e94afe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a44fe932db4905457a8e642254eda7d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.31df27c2fa32ca4e7b2081b8d49200c4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6dd6fb02400c6b4a2b5c124de9a5f25e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa7c17d13766a340797987377e0e6174.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2d39a50da6686927e58cec8ec1a76ccf.jpeg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

I have been very remiss in keeping this up to date.

The inside of the house is basically finished apart from a couple of doors and ovens not yet delivered.

However, my parents cannot move in due to yet another issue with our good friends - Scottish Water.

This is also delaying the laying of the drive which we could have had done next week.

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AliG said:

The inside of the house is basically finished apart from a couple of doors and ovens not yet delivered.

However, my parents cannot move in due to yet another issue with our good friends - Scottish Water.

This is also delaying the laying of the drive which we could have had done next week.

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

Very nice ! I love quality fittings . Kitchen granite / quartz worktop ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pocster said:

Very nice ! I love quality fittings . Kitchen granite / quartz worktop ?

Thanks

Worktop - Silestone - Calcatta Gold.

I am a big believer that nice bathroom fittings, lights etc can really make a house whilst adding surprisingly little to the cost. Not the kitchen unfortunately, that was expensive.

I will post more pictures once my parents can move in properly. The architect has not yet issued the completion certificate due to the water issue and so we are in limbo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

In the kitchen picture (with the loo roll mountain) what is the purpose of that illuminated recess under the worktop on the island?

Just to add a bit of interest. We didn't want a breakfast bar as there is already a table

18 hours ago, AliG said:

It's a huge shame about the last minute delay (and other challenges along the way), but your parents must be chuffed to bits with the result.

They should be proud of you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jack said:

t's a huge shame about the last minute delay (and other challenges along the way), but your parents must be chuffed to bits with the result.

They should be proud of you.

Thanks, they are over the moon and chomping at the bit to move in.

Honestly I have never in my life dealt with a less helpful organisation than Scottish Water.

Annoyingly we could have had the drive laid next week, but have had to delay that.

A few more pics.

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

• Like 4

I've not been on Buildhub much over the last few years but I've often wondered if you had started work and I have been checking on Googlemaps and then I seen a skip on there and think AliG must have started.

Then I look on here and your nearly finished and it looks amazing! 🤩

Is that quite a hefy MVHR unit installed? 

Be interesting to find out how well the house performs this winter. 🤓

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AliG said:

Hey, hope you are well.

It is pretty small, maybe just perspective on the camera

I'm good thanks 😊 Hope you are recovering well from the post traumatic stress of having to deal with contractors and utility companies all over again 🙄

I guess it’s all relative on the MVHR side, beefy compared to my single-room heat recovery fan but maybe small compared to the blower in your own home.