Solid Oak Flooring Supplier

Onoff

I got my walnut from here and it was the nicest quality I could get for the price, a lot of lower priced stuff looked cheap when we got samples. I would definitely recommend samples.

https://www.luxuryflooringandfurnishings.co.uk/solid-wood-flooring.html?dir=asc&order=catalog_as_low_as

But you'd have a hard job matching £16.74 a square metre. Most places are more like £25-30 a metre for single strip oak at a minimum.

35 minutes ago, AliG said:

I got my walnut from here and it was the nicest quality I could get for the price, a lot of lower priced stuff looked cheap when we got samples. I would definitely recommend samples.

https://www.luxuryflooringandfurnishings.co.uk/solid-wood-flooring.html?dir=asc&order=catalog_as_low_as

But you'd have a hard job matching £16.74 a square metre. Most places are more like £25-30 a metre for single strip oak at a minimum.

The Wickes stuff is excellent imo...but sold out eveywhere. Just the odd pack here and there in store.

8 minutes ago, Temp said:

Strange isn't it. It's a "store only" product but few places have more than 1 or 2 packs.  Nearest I could find on their web site were:

EDMONTON EXTRA 8 packs
DARTFORD 5 packs

Quite often the numbers will be off a little.

In these circs it can pay to phone around and have them count.

Do Wickes have a location where their odds and ends get sent? I think for B&Q it is somewhere like Scunthorpe.

If thee are 5 in Dartford it might be good for @Onoff.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Quite often the numbers will be off a little.

In these circs it can pay to phone around and have them count.

Do Wickes have a location where their odds and ends get sent? I think for B&Q it is somewhere like Scunthorpe.

If thee are 5 in Dartford it might be good for @Onoff.

F

Ta. I'll let the rellie who's just done their floor know. They were on about maybe extending a bit further.

The reason I asked for alternatives to Wickes was for a mate who missed the boat on the Wickes stuff. 

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

The Wickes stuff is excellent imo...but sold out eveywhere. Just the odd pack here and there in store.

Its end of line and discontinued. There was a TP version that was very similar (same parent co etc) but seems to be out of stock too.

The Wickes one was part of their promo a couple of months back which was primarily I expect to clear the stock.