3D Room planner

Mrs S

Hi newbies here, we are in the process of purchasing a plot of land and our architect has started designing our house. At the moment we live overseas, so are organising everything from afar. We have been using Sweet Home 3D to attempt exterior designs, but can anyone recommend another 3D room planner that we can place furniture in the design once we have the final room sizes.  This is to enable us to decide where we need sockets & light switches, etc

Thanks

I have been using www.floorplanner.com, which is free, but I was paying to get it to output renders of what it would really look like.

I have however just switched over to using Sketchup, which is more difficult but much more powerful. I've been using it in conjunction with a plugin called Enscape, which lets you see renders in realtime, and lets me put myself into the design using a virtual reality headset. Sketchup is free (download the Sketchup 2017 version - don't use the new online SketchupFree version, but enscape costs a monthly fee).

Pete

• Like 1

i suggest sketchup, but use a older version rather than the online system. I started with a simple model of my house but have ended up making a 3D model of the immediate local area including terrain, to guide how any developments would change the site.