Kingspan ASHP GMC board issue

Gav_P

15 minutes ago, joe90 said:

.........Stop press........., now it’s stopped raining I have looked at mine and I am getting about 14v ac from my 12v transformer. (So that’s not blown, ) phew. I have replaced the board and.............my little led is flashing as it should ?and no error codes on the command unit. I am going to review the wiring and confirm it’s all ok then try it out. Here’s hoping. ?

what do do you think of my high tech earth strap???

5FB914F8-73A8-4914-9136-716466F39BE1.jpeg

A bucket of dirt with a rod banged in makes a convenient portable earth point...

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

.........Stop press........., now it’s stopped raining I have looked at mine and I am getting about 14v ac from my 12v transformer. (So that’s not blown, ) phew. I have replaced the board and.............my little led is flashing as it should ?and no error codes on the command unit. I am going to review the wiring and confirm it’s all ok then try it out. Here’s hoping. ?

what do do you think of my high tech earth strap???

5FB914F8-73A8-4914-9136-716466F39BE1.jpeg

Great news @joe90 you are on the home run now!!

i’m interested To know if you need to programme the new board or if it comes with the default settings.

9 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Great news @joe90 you are on the home run now!!

i’m interested To know if you need to programme the new board or if it comes with the default settings.

Just seen the other thread... looks like it might need programming. ?

On 30 October 2018 at 14:05, ProDave said:

That is still larger than the original.  The original is a bit of an odd ball, it appears to have a rating of about 8Va but in the same size package of a 6Va transformer.  I don't want to fit a 6VA so the standard 12VA sizes look the best bet.

Now I have confirmation there is space for a slightly bigger one, I will order the CPC one, so much simpler as I have an account with them.

The transformer arrived today and your unit is now working @Gav_P

I will post it back early next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I received the board back from @ProDave on Thursday but wasn’t home until today to fit it. 

Popped it in and powered the unit up. Turned on the room stat and the ASHP fires up... for 10 seconds, then turns off. The LED is blinking an error code (9), and before I check what it is I’m certain it’s low flow as I turned the pump down when using the willis heaters. So I crank the pump up a level and the ASHP fires up again.... but then I realise the fan isn’t turning and I have a different LED fault code flashing away (24).... it’s the fan.

I’m thinking I’ve managed to bugger up the fan motor now! So I try to give it a little help with a screwdriver, kind of hoping a bump start would sort it. But it doesn’t budge, it’s solid!

So I take the fan cover off and it appears a bit of foam has come unstuck and fallen down between the fan and the housing. I take it out put the cover back on and, third time lucky ????

Its working great! Thanks @ProDave for diagnosing and replacing the transformer and thanks everyone else for your advice and input!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Glad it's working. You must have had a worrying moment until you found the stuck fan.

Yeah you are so right! 

10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Well done @Gav_P and @ProDave. Just shows the power of this forum (dont I know after all the help I have received). I am going to send my board to @ProDave but wont hold my breath as it’s more complicated than a transformer swop. ?

Fingers crossed! But at least it’s not essential now that you have the new board. 

• Like 1