Help required wiring my ASHP/UFH

joe90

Manuals available here. http://www.manuals.calorsol.de/

Personally I don't find it any uglier than the other one you show, but the silver finish looks a bit naff.

I've just installed 3 to de-computerise our UFH & towel rails to make it suitable for non geeky people. The only drawback for me is there are only 6 changes available, I'd like 8 for the towel rails.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Also it’s very easy to up the temp so er indoors will be doing this as soon as I turn my back, the Wunda is more difficult to understand ?

So you need to be economical with the truth and tell the Mrs that cranking up the temp will blow the ASHP board again so leave it be unless you are there to ‘adjust’ the ASHP when needed to compensate ?

If she turns it up when you’re not around turn the heating off and say that it shorted out but luckily she hasn’t blown the board on that occasion but not to do it again. Who ever said women were devious ... ??

• Haha 1

@newhome And there’s me thinking you would give me grief for doing that.!!!!

well the good news is that the stat works (not blown up with the board) and I have successfully modified it to be dry contact (no voltages)

who,s a clever boy then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, joe90 said:

And there’s me thinking you would give me grief for doing that.!!!!

Ha ha! Just thinking how I would react in that scenario. If someone said the stat was too difficult to understand I likely would have a look at the manual, but if @Nickfromwales or @PeterW had said ‘don’t touch that as it’ll blow the system’ I would (probably ?) leave it be. My OH used to always say ‘you won’t understand that’ when I used to ask about stuff and given that I wasn’t overly interested I used to leave him to it. Don’t have a choice now though so have to understand a bit more and even if I can’t physically do the job I’ve learned that people try it on a bit less if you demonstrate you have a little knowledge. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, joe90 said:

@newhome And there’s me thinking you would give me grief for doing that.!!!!

well the good news is that the stat works (not blown up with the board) and I have successfully modified it to be dry contact (no voltages)

who,s a clever boy then ?

I have done similar when someone bought the wrong boiler programmer. Simply cut a pcb track with a scalpel, and made an alternative soldered llink

• Thanks 1