Off the shelf non vented roof windows

vivienz

3 hours ago, vivienz said:

I had quotes from these people but even though they say they don't charge extra for bespoke sizes, they were incredibly expensive and I didn't use them.

The page break got in the way - to clarify, this is about Roof Maker? And was it incredibly expensive compared like for like to other manufacturer(s) (which?) or just the whole "high quality triple glazed windows are intrinsically damn expensive" shock same as I'm finding on a regular basis right now ?

On 23/09/2018 at 18:52, vivienz said:

The ones that have been sourced by my roofer are only 2G and have a uW of, I think, 1.3 without looking back at the quote.  The supply and install cost per window is £498 plus £72 for each flashing kit.

The uW value is higher than I would like, but I can live with it on the basis that the large triple glazed windows in the house have uW values of about 1.2.

I went through an online quote system on one of the websites this morning for passive roof windows and they came out at about £1500 each just for the window.  So, for a total of 3 windows with fitting and all the kit, I reckon I would be looking at about £5k+ all in.  The difference of £3500 can buy a lot of heat and I'm not sure that the extra cost for 3G is worth it for me.

Here's my original post from earlier in this thread.

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2019 at 12:31, joth said:

Just found https://roof-maker.co.uk/rooflights/flat-rooflights/fixed-flat-rooflights/ they have one on clearance too.

(See also I'm seeking anyone with Roof Maker experience over here!)

Spoke with them yesterday at a show. Their sales pitch is that all they do is triple glazed rooflights, all components made in their factory. The quality did seem excellent (and aesthetically appealing) and they didn't strike me as expensive, particularly if you were to work around some clearance stock.