ASHP Positioning

Hi - just a quick one please - the concrete base for the ASHP goes down tomorrow ahead of it installation. Can't seem to get hold of teh installer at the moment but the following question has been asked -

What should be the distance between the top of the base and the bottom of my ASHP be? [Mitsubishi 5 kW Ecodan].

I have tried researching via the internet but can't find any answers.

Any thoughts? 

13 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Hi @PeterW - I appreciate that. Thanks. The holes for the pipe work are already in the wall and the builder just wanted  to ensure that when the ASHP sits on the base, they line up.

Bear in mind that the holes may have to be offset from the connections on the ASHP, to allow for pretty long large bore flexible hoses.  I failed to do this and just used short (300mm long) flexible connections and had a lot of vibration transmitted into the house.  When I swapped these out for 900mm long ones, run in a big loop, the problem completely went away.  The MIs for the heat pump did specify using long flexis, IIRC they said use 1000mm long ones, but I'd assumed that the shorter the pipe that was outside the better, in terms of lower heat losses.  It was an annoying error, as it meant draining the system down to replace the hoses.

• Thanks 1