ProDave

New series of Grand Designs

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, ultramods said:

 

I was "screaming" at the TV get rid of the cantilever and don't build into the hill. You do need to question the original architects motives/mentality/intelligence/sanity.

 

 

And brief.... as an architect (albeit of software) you’d be surprised what people ask for...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lesgrandepotato said:

 

And brief.... as an architect (albeit of software) you’d be surprised what people ask for...

 

As a professional architect (software or house) they should know roughly how much it's going to cost or at least know which element s of the build are the most expensive and could be removed or changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ultramods said:

 

As a professional architect (software or house) they should know roughly how much it's going to cost or at least know which element s of the build are the most expensive and could be removed or changed.

 

Agreed, but the point I’m making is that as much as you can try and guide, sometimes you get a brief that just doesn’t fit the customers pockets or they just don’t want to hear that they can’t afford it.

 

’... let’s get the design sorted, we’ll value engineer later...’ it’s wrong, but it does happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lesgrandepotato said:

 

Agreed, but the point I’m making is that as much as you can try and guide, sometimes you get a brief that just doesn’t fit the customers pockets or they just don’t want to hear that they can’t afford it.

 

’... let’s get the design sorted, we’ll value engineer later...’ it’s wrong, but it does happen. 

Certainly we didn't see how the whole story played out behind the camera. However it was edited to look like the original architect could only offer changes that would provide minimal savings.

Edited by ultramods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and this weeks numpties, need a ceiling finish ventilated into the rafters, personally designed lighting, personally designed kitchens, (running out of money), ground concrete floors  (though they did grind these themselves), 9m ceilings with echoes. oh, and don't forget a lot of what looked like 2g glazing, a cool area to sit next to in the winter.

blockwork looks nice but too much concrete and steel for me, too industrial and not homely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now