New series of Grand Designs

ProDave

13 minutes ago, newhome said:

Where do you draw the line?

I draw it where I feel comfortable, based on my own experiences, research, risk tolerance, knowledge of my children's skills and abilities, and (of course) significant personal biases.

1 minute ago, jack said:

I draw it where I feel comfortable, based on my own experiences, research, risk tolerance, knowledge of my children's skills and abilities, and (of course) significant personal biases.

Yep I think that is right and should totally be dependent on those things rather than ‘at this age it’s unsafe’. At 12 I was pretty good at riding horses since I had been riding for 6 years by then, but skiiing or climbing, nah. Hell you wouldn’t even get me doing skiing or climbing as an adult. 

I really hated the concrete house.  The guy obviously makes some serious money diving.  I think any house built exclusively of one material would not look good to me, with a log cabin about the only exception I can think of.  A palette of mixed materials and finishes has so much more interest and aesthetic appeal. I kept imagining the next owners of the house skimming the walls, both inside and out...

I take it the other series "impossible build" has finished? or is it just on a break this week. If so it was a short series.

Mind you I think that's all the new ones for this series of GD, looks like it's a "revisited" one next week.

On 25/09/2018 at 13:33, HerbJ said:

Apparently our friends chatted to the new owners and the wife told them it was a nightmare to live there with two small children and those stairs..

And there it is, up for sale 

https://m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/49291394?search_identifier=885fe794463fe9b2b15368bab3cc898b

https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/bucks-landmark-dinton-folly-features-in-first-episode-of-new-series-of-grand-designs-1-8638762/amp