Ducting etc

Pocster

Hey all

I’m nearing the point where I need to think about the routes mvhr ducting , water supplies , electrics etc . need to run .

Is it best just to pick a corner in a room ; cut through the flooring and use that one route at the point for everything to run ??

Or is there a more methodical route ??

Edited by pocster

16 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

Well we were told water had to come in a straight line not go round corners, electricity will need to come into your consumer unit and telephone into where you’re going to have your main socket 

Hey 

I don’t mean how they get into the build . I mean once in the build . Do I have one corner where I run all the mvhr ducting , electrics , cat5 , hep20 pipes etc ??

On 17/09/2018 at 16:23, dpmiller said:

got a plant room? hot press?

I do have a ‘ plant room ‘

All services come in here .

Was going to stick a router here and run cat 5 to each room . Also manifold to supply water to each ‘tap’ . 

On 17/09/2018 at 15:43, pocster said:

Hey all

I’m nearing the point where I need to think about the routes mvhr ducting , water supplies , electrics etc . need to run .

Is it best just to pick a corner in a room ; cut through the flooring and use that one route at the point for everything to run ??

Or is there a more methodical route ??

I have one (high quality ... complete sod to drill the bricks) house built in 1913 that came with service ducts from downstairs to upstairs, made from hollowed timber - one up the side of a chimney breast, the other up the side of a window.

I would generally say keep the inter-floor runs concentrated if you can, but that there are other factors too.

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1