Retrofit underfloor heating recommendations?

ThePoplars

Does anybody have a recommendation for what type of underfloor heating we should retrofit to a bathroom and utility room please?  The rooms will be tiled, used infrequently and kept at low temperature, and we have a minimal amount of space before we would have to start trimming doors - so the thinnest possible solution would be desirable.  

I had an electric mat set up in a previous house with this kind of requirement but that was installed a long time ago and there may be better options you are all familiar with.

Thanks in advance 

Think it will still only be electric that is available, water based systems are two thick to get in much under 50mm but you might get down to 40mm at a push.

How are things up on Teesside? Our son did his industrial placement in Redcar (great TV that is making just now - mighty Redcar), and we spent several breaks visiting him getting to know the countryside and the industrial landscape along the Tees - very much off our beaten track until then.

You can get a wet system that goes down to 14mm from memory - it uses a 10mm pipe in a 14mm former and then you have the tiles etc on top. It will all depend on your insulation levels and whether you are after comfort (ie tiles not cold) or heating as that defines the heat output needed. 

Thanks all, as ever, helpful replies to keep me on track.  There isn't an existing wet system to tag onto, so I can see that the electric system may be better.  Having had a bit of a look around on theunderfloorheatingstore.com and wunda (as Wunda seem to have been recommended a lot on here), there seem to be loose cables as well as mats now.   Would the mats do the job or are the cables preferable for any reason?

How are things up on Teesside? Our son did his industrial placement in Redcar (great TV that is making just now - mighty Redcar), and we spent several breaks visiting him getting to know the countryside and the industrial landscape along the Tees - very much off our beaten track until then.

The Teesside countryside is a bit of a well kept secret isn't it @MikeSharp01?  We are over in Stockton, so not as industrial, but the effects of the loss of industry are biting ever more.  There has been a fair bit of regeneration in Stockton in the last few years with Durham University moving in on the Riverside and a number of businesses following so the High Street looks really good apart from all of the empty shops and drug addicts....  We are incomers to this area though, so I don't know my way around very well.  I've been to Redcar once after they installed the wind farm at sea and the beach was littered with fossils.  I love Saltburn though! ?

2 hours ago, ThePoplars said:

There has been a fair bit of regeneration in Stockton in the last few years with Durham University moving in on the Riverside and a number of businesses following so the High Street looks really good apart from all of the empty shops and drug addicts.... 

I worked on the regeneration of the Ragworth estate - Stockton. That was an adventure!