Group Project

Gudji1

Hi to everyone from Pat and myself.

We have had a B&B for a number of years and now placed it on the market due to a theme park coming to the area which means the occupancy will go crazy and now at 68 its time to make the next step.

I was in construction before retiring and have a knowledge of a few things , however the back does not think its 21 anymore.

So we are looking for a community / group self build as we think the opportunities to get a better parcel of land is greater.

So we hope this site will help us along and find the people who have the same in mind.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:17, Gudji1 said:

Hi to everyone from Pat and myself.

We have had a B&B for a number of years and now placed it on the market due to a theme park coming to the area which means the occupancy will go crazy and now at 68 its time to make the next step.

I was in construction before retiring and have a knowledge of a few things , however the back does not think its 21 anymore.

So we are looking for a community / group self build as we think the opportunities to get a better parcel of land is greater.

So we hope this site will help us along and find the people who have the same in mind.

Hi Gudji

Good luck in your ambitions for a group build. I think getting a group of people to agree everything necessary to buy a piece of land, get the finance together etc will be pretty much impossible. Its difficult enough when you can make your own decisions and act quickly.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Regarding the group approach, I’m not sure I’d want my retirement project to be tied to the whims of others, you could be waiting a long time to get anywhere. If I were you, I’d be looking for my own plot and be the master of my own destiny.

You did not say where you were in the country, might be worth mentioning as someone here might know of a plot etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2018 at 16:42, Triassic said:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Regarding the group approach, I’m not sure I’d want my retirement project to be tied to the whims of others, you could be waiting a long time to get anywhere. If I were you, I’d be looking for my own plot and be the master of my own destiny.

You did not say where you were in the country, might be worth mentioning as someone here might know of a plot etc.

I am near Sheffield and plots here are so small as people selling off their gardens etc. We are prepared to move away and have been looking in Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire.

We are sell ing are home of 24 years which is a B&B to fund the project but must say as I get older I am not so adventurous

There is a nice plot going to auction in Stannington with guide price of £200k. It is as you say a garden, but quite a big plot. I think it was 1/3 acre.

But in Lincolnshire there are dozens of large plots quite cheap. But they seem to be quite isolated from centres of activity. My friend bought a large bungalow with 1/2 acre for quite cheap. But it was 30 mins drive from a supermarket and 40 mins drive to a swimming pool for the kids.

• Like 1