Bora induction hobs

Alex

Hi All

Just looking for some opinions.....

I'm looking at putting an induction hob with built in extraction into a kitchen island (2m x 1.2x) and after much deliberation I think I've decided on going with Bora. It seems that there are definitely more options for this type of hob/extractor combo now than a couple of years ago when I started planning my build. I've had a look at AEG, Neff, Siemens and Caple as well as Bora and from reading posts here and generally online it seems like Bora is way to go. 

I have a couple of question for those who have induction hobs and Bora in particular as I'm undecided on whether to go with BFIU or BIU versions. 

1. Is having a flexi zone really worth it? I've never actually used a flexi zone, just normal induction and the difference in cost of the 2 Bora models is approx £850 with the difference being the flexi zone, about 70mm in width and a slightly different touch control panel. tying to decide if it's worth the cost difference! 

2. For re-circulation Bora just duct back into the service void behind the kitchen cabinet and vent into it with the air working its way down and then our over the plinth. Just worried about any potential issues with moist air etc sitting behind/under the cabinet.... or am I worrying unnecessarily!  

Thanks

Alex

Guest Alphonsox

We went for a BIU rather than one with Flexi zone entirely for cost reasons. I haven't felt anything was missing from the version we purchased. I our case the hob is fitted into the central double width island and vents into the void between the two cabinet widths. I haven't seen any issues with damp but it's early days. The fan has an overrun feature which continues to force air through the system after the hob has been turned off. My guess is that this helps remove moist air that is still present.

39 minutes ago, Alphonsox said:

our case the hob is fitted into the central double width island and vents into the void between the two cabinet widths. 

Would you not fit an extract connected to the ventilation heat recovery system?

Guest Alphonsox
6 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Would you not fit an extract connected to the ventilation heat recovery system?

Typically there is a big difference in the flow rates so feeding the extract directly into the MVHR system isn't viable. The usual solution is to recirculate the hob extract into the kitchen then use a room extract for the MVHR system.

@Alex I have the Bora basic flexi induction with recirculation.  I am very pleased with it and no problem on the extract it works well for me. As to flexi Ithink really thats a decision for whoever cooks. I like it, the bridging of zones is great. I use the large Bora griddle pan that straddles two zones and it cooks steaks etc fantastically well.