EBAY ASHP

K78

1 hour ago, Gav_P said:

It's in Bodmin, one for the Cornishmen amongst us. A snip ASHP and Tank £500

Viessmann Air Source Heat Pump complete with Indoor Unit & 200L Viessmann Buffer Tank. Buffer Tank Model - VC100-ESWV 200L. Air Source Model - Vitocal 200 - S/222/S/242/S

Removed from a new build property due to gas boiler installations. Products have been used for approximately 4months.

£500.00

If it's monoblock, then what is the "inside unit" looks like a split system to me.

Why was it only used 4 months?

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

If it's monoblock, then what is the "inside unit" looks like a split system to me.

Why was it only used 4 months?

Could be a hydronic unit, perhaps?  That's an option for the monoblock we have.  Essentially it's just a heat exchanger arrangement that keeps the DHW and heating circuits separate in the house, I think (not bothered to look at it closely).

Looking at that data it's a split, with the refrigerant circuit coming indoors to the heat exchanger, so it needs gassing after install, which means getting an F gas qualified person to vacuum it out, fill it and leak test it.  I think I'd be very concerned about how the refrigerant pipes have been capped off and sealed when the unit was taken out.  If they have been left open then the unit may well just be scrap, as it only takes a small amount of moisture to get into the refrigerant circuit on the heat pump itself to do damage.  If the pipes have been left open then the oil in the pump may well have absorbed moisture, or even been contaminated by dirt and dust during removal, so there's no telling how reliable it may be.

3 minutes ago, Triassic said:

That’s what I was thinking. Mind you, it would be a 750 mile round trip if I bought it.

Nice day out and a trip to sunny Cornwall!

3 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Looking at that data it's a split, with the refrigerant circuit coming indoors to the heat exchanger, so it needs gassing after install, which means getting an F gas qualified person to vacuum it out, fill it and leak test it.  I think I'd be very concerned about how the refrigerant pipes have been capped on and sealed when the unit was taken out.  If they have been left open then the unit may well just be scrap, as it only takes a small amount of moisture to get into the refrigerant circuit on the heat pump itself to do damage.  If the pipes have been left open then the oil in the pump may well have absorbed moisture, or even been contaminated by dirt and dust during removal, so there's no telling how reliable it may be.

Phah, cup half-empty kind-a-guy. ;)

but seriousl, i guess you could ask the seller for some proper pics of the pipes. You could possibly take a punt if they look ok.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I would love to know the back story. Is this a new house or was it fitted to an older house? Who paid for it and why was it ripped out in preference for a gas boiler just 4 months later?

Yeah agreed. They say it’s a new house. But pictures might help convince a buyer.

4 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Isn’t it a brine system. So gas shouldn’t be an issue?

No, it's definitely a split - see pages 34/35 of the pdf that you linked to above.  The refrigerant pipes come inside the house to the indoor unit, with its refrigerant to water heat exchanger.

• 1 month later...

New advert on eBay! 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11021.m43.l3160/7?euid=6205589a9f50469ca046949261a162df&bu=43112337026&ut=RU&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283251909775&sojTags=bu=bu,ut=ut 

kingspan Aeromax Plus... could be useful as a spare for anyone whose already got one?

Edited by Gav_P

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, vfrdave said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153137536987

Is this unit any good and what are the controls of it like having read that some units are hard to setup.

This is the IVT that a few have - @readiescards has one. Let’s just say that’s about double though on price to what others have paid ..!

They are a 9 year old unit that is split from a tank system - no longer sold but under the covers they are a Mitsubishi unit.