EBAY ASHP

K78

Guest Alphonsox

You're right - There's a poor selection of cheap units out there at the moment. All you can do is lurk and hope something turns up. A number of us have Carrier based units but there don't seem to be any around currently.

Thanks for all the replies. 

It will be for underfloor heating to the ground floor and hot water. My house will be 12m x 6m. Insulated slab a 99% sure I’m using durisol. 

Im not looking for a budget unit, but thought I might be missing a bargain. 

‘My budget is tight so I’m scouring eBay 3 times a day ?

ErP stands for ‘Energy-related products'. From the 26th September 2015 under EU regulations ground source heat pumps, as well as air source heat pumps, boilers and water heaters, are required by law to have labels to show their energy performance as an individual product and when part of an overall heating system.

Edited by Triassic

8 minutes ago, K78 said:

I have a feeling rrp aren’t atainable anymore. 

The panasonic one in the link above for £2500 has a rrp of £7899.

Assuming the supplier is making a profit at a sale price of £2500, a markup to £7899 is just obscene!

14 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Assuming the supplier is making a profit at a sale price of £2500, a markup to £7899 is just obscene!

It’s the eco tax just like with pv panels and EWI.

Thats my biggest gripe with all these things. Tax payers subsidise it through grants and incentives so they just increase the price 1000%. 

I find it ridiculous that we have one of the highest percentage of pv panel uptake in the world when we have so little uv. Especially in the NW and Scotland. 

Its made a lot of people very rich though and gives idiot politicians something to boast about. 

This country is crazy. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...