Neighbour problem

Im not sure if i am posting this in the right area but basically i live in a mid terrace house and the next door neighbour have started to build a new extension into their garden.  They dug up the floor next to our house wall and left it for few weeks first (they couldnt find builder apparently) so it used to rain and get into the foundation of our house. Now they have started off the work they have left our wall as it is bare and not cemented it or anything just started building their own seperate wall. They are going to leave our wall as it is. I mean shouldnt they seal it or put concrete around the slabs to prevent water going into our foundation? See picture.
The other thing is that we have got like a greenhouse area one wall is concrete and we bought this land years ago about 30+ and now the neighbours are building a wall next to it a double wall basically they are digging up and instead of ordering a skip and throwing soil away they are throwing it between the new wall they are creating and our old wall marked in green. We are in a couple of years going to rebuild that wall and  when i break my wall down all his soil is going to end up in my garden i did inform them about this and he just replied when you rebuild it i will come round and pick up the soil. 
Anyone know what can be done about this they did not inform us about any work at all.
Thanks for your help.

20180911_184604.jpg

IMG-20180911-WA0005.jpg

It sounds like you never talked to your neighbour before hand about what they were doing and how.

Do you have a party wall agreement with them?

Why was your wall left bare for so long?

IF you are planning to rebuild your wall some time soon, would it not have made sense to strike an agreement with them that your wall came down and a new cavity wall was built along the party line so you both had a new wall?

What are they doing with that drain they have uncovered?  Who;s drain is it?  Are building control involved?

Exactly thats what i am worried about damp seeping through. They said they couldnt get hold of a builder thats why it was left uncovered. Its been raining etc and water has probably gone into my foundation.

I would assume it was their responsbility to talk to us and propose their plans on what they were going to build.

They being clever cause they only building up to 3 meters which by law you can without planning permission.... then afterwards so many years going to increase the build and build 3 meters more. They have already erected a double block wall now.

We are planning to rebuild greenhouse wall but its not confirmed yet.... but due to them doing this filling the walls with soil i wont be able to take my wall down now.

Can i do something about this?

I have told them this is wrong but they dont seem to care. In long term it will cause damp into my kitchen.

38 minutes ago, 01484 said:

They being clever cause they only building up to 3 meters which by law you can without planning permission.... then afterwards so many years going to increase the build and build 3 meters more. They have already erected a double block wall now.

They can't do that. The permitted development limit applies to the original building and does not get added to once you have extended. Any further extension wouldneed planning permission.

Regardless of planning, they WILL need building control, even for a permitted development extension.

40 minutes ago, 01484 said:

We are planning to rebuild greenhouse wall but its not confirmed yet.... but due to them doing this filling the walls with soil i wont be able to take my wall down now.

Can i do something about this?

I have told them this is wrong but they dont seem to care. In long term it will cause damp into my kitchen.

A site layout sketch would help understanding. So this is not your house or house extension wall.

Either way, make sure building control know what is going on. THEY will have something to say about them filling the gap with soil and will take an interest in that drain they appear to be building over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 01484 said:

20180911_184604.jpg

I’m trying to understand that photo. The wall marked in green that you say is yours. What is it in relation to your house, only to the top left of the photo there looks to be a tarpaulin with bricks on top? As @ProDave says a sketch would help. 

+1 to asking if BCO is involved. That'll shiver the timbers if they're doing this "off the radar".

Stop them now and tell them if the soil doesn't come out you'll be taking action against them for damages. Get photos, lots of them, and put your foot down. Are you on ok talking terms with them?

The soil CANNOT stay in there. Idiots. If the top is then open to the elements it should be capped and lead flashed to promote natural run-off for any rainwater.

• Like 2