AutoCAD 2010

Onoff

I use something called "Snipping Tool", which is part of Windows from Windows 7 onwards. 

I have it in my task bar. When you open it, you just click "New", and the Snipping Tool window disappears. Once you've selected the area you want, you can either save it as a file (for import to BH), or copy it to the clipboard (for pasting into, eg, PowerPoint, which is what I use for annotation).

It does have some basic drawing tools, but I find PowerPoint better for things like arrows and text.

If doing the screenshot thing from a web browser make sure that you crop off all the dodgy bookmarks etc.

Much potential for embarrassment, and amusement, when the link to the steam-engine pr0n website gets copied.

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, jack said:

I use something called "Snipping Tool", which is part of Windows from Windows 7 onwards. 

I have it in my task bar. When you open it, you just click "New", and the Snipping Tool window disappears. Once you've selected the area you want, you can either save it as a file (for import to BH), or copy it to the clipboard (for pasting into, eg, PowerPoint, which is what I use for annotation).

It does have some basic drawing tools, but I find PowerPoint better for things like arrows and text.

I tried Snipping Tool in Windows 7. I just drew rhe rectangle around my electrical drawing and saved it. The resolution on the resulting JPEG was dire! Can you somehow improve the capture resolution?

I don't know, the default settings have always worked fine for me (virtually all non-photographic images I post are captured this way).

Have you zoomed in as much as you can in AutoCAD before snipping? It seems to capture at the screen resolution, so capturing something small will result in fuzzy edges once expanded, for sure.

Drawing opened in Draftsight. As an aside the paper size was 420x297 i.e A3. Then used Win 7 Snipping Tool to select on screen:

test_001.JPG.62b68cb7256895071ae45bb9f0217b74.JPG

Alt/Ctrl/Print Scrn:

test_002.jpg.9c883112e07fc4ffad9f46fa9f595465.jpg

Both rubbish imo, just not "crisp" enough and a bit fuzzy! The wire colour text on the 3 port valve is illegible.  

If I print out on paper it's all perfectly legible. Never used to have these issues with AutoCAD 2000 / 2000i. A much simpler beast (what I was trained on) and more than adequate for my needs than 2010 but the old packages won't run on my 64-bit systems. I may buy the Longbow converter at around £140 to overcome this. I've tried running AutoCAD in XP Mode but it's awful.

Edited by Onoff

• 3 weeks later...

I use gyazo for all my screen captures. It comes with a program for capturing small gif files also, if you subscribe you can view all your captures. If not, its the last 10 or so (i think).

1 click, drag & capture - opens in webpage, save to PC.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

On 06/09/2018 at 08:43, jack said:

instead of putting into powerpoint i put mine into publisher, when saving you can then increase dpi to 300 and save as jpeg