Tile suppliers

vivienz

I have been looking at tiles over recent weeks and keep getting drawn to images of mosaic tiles made by a Spanish company, Dune.  However, no matter where I look, they all seem to be exactly the same price (for one of them, poeme, they are £24.72 per sheet).

Is there any super secret sneakily cheap supplier of these that anyone knows about?  Is it worth trying to track them down in Spain and import tiles from there? I think the latter may be a non-starter as I'm not sure I will need/be able to afford sufficient of these to justify the transport costs.

Incidentally, I know that Porcelanosa usually have a sale around October time, but does anyone know if this tends to be early or late in the month?

2 hours ago, vivienz said:

Incidentally, I know that Porcelanosa usually have a sale around October time, but does anyone know if this tends to be early or late in the month?

Summer Sale mid May to mid June approx, Winter sale mid January to mid February approx. The dates are on their Website for 2018 for their last sale period.  Their outlets are usually very open about these dates, at least where we bought from was....

We bought in February and paid in full and they stored for free,  until we called for them to be delivered in May/June. We needed some top up trims and other bits in July and we had missed the summer sale

Edited by HerbJ
  • Thanks 1

Al Murad are worth a try 

They hold massive stocks of tiles 

If you are going to employ a tiler it may be worth asking him  to order then 

I normally pay around 60% of the showroom price  So even if he splits the discount It’s still a saving 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you are anywhere near Birmingham there is a place called Eurocladdings with loads of ceramic and a few porcelain tiles at very good prices. (a few outlets, but I've only been to the one is sparkbrook). They deliver free locally or you can take away there and then, but obviously you need suitable transport tiles are generally 20kg/sqm+