Does this make sense & sound ok please ?

Lynford

After the running saga with the Kingspan ASHP detailed on this forum, my in-laws have given up and have eventually found someone to quote them for a new system.

Its Mitsubishi which makes me feel a little more confident. If anyone with experience in these things cast an eye over this quote and see if it makes sense please, I have no idea what I’m looking for !

Also, anything else they should be requesting or questions they should ask ?

Cheers. 

ED6C36DD-3C5B-4274-8431-F974FB587863.jpeg

A5B2F0EB-943F-484A-929A-95C31C46ECB1.jpeg

01F4FF2B-88DA-4545-BF48-D7672F85E99C.jpeg

4CE89309-AB0C-4321-AC78-9CA7A97B9170.png

264DC1C6-4C7C-495A-91A7-0AE85D311AFF.jpeg

That seems like a decent quote TBH. Are they applying for the RHI payment? Your quote would seem to tick that box. I got a quote for an 11.2kw Mitsubishi Ecodan with an UVC that came in at £14,680 and although a larger ASHP it wasn't that much larger! 

@Stones has the model your in-laws are being quoted for I believe. 

1 hour ago, Lynford said:

Sorry, just seen it on the quote / info ! 

£1113 a year. 

Be aware that what is projected and what they may actually receive are not always the same. We were originally given an RHI estimate of well over £700 per annum, but the actual figure is under £450. Over 7 years that's over £2k less than we'd been told to expect.

If you want another example, the projected RHI I had from a heat pump installer was £84 a year for 7 years, on an installation that was going to cost around £2,500 more than a DIY job.  If they were projecting that I'd get a total of £588 from the RHI, I wonder what the actual RHI would have been?

Either way, neither figure was going to come close to covering the additional cost of having MCS approval for the installation.

Back on topic, that installed cost for the Ecodan looks pretty good to me.  They seem to be well-made heat pumps with a good reputation for both reliability and performance.

6 minutes ago, NSS said:

Be aware that what is projected and what they may actually receive are not always the same. We were originally given an RHI estimate of well over £700 per annum, but the actual figure is under £450. Over 7 years that's over £2k less than we'd been told to expect.

Is that because you have metering for payment or because when you applied Ofgem decided that you qualified for a lot less than your installer predicted? 

4 hours ago, NSS said:

Thanks. Bottom line is that they need working heating before the winter........any money back would be a bonus !

6 hours ago, NSS said:

Unless you've been identified for metering, what you were estimated should be what you get, as the MSC installer generates all the paperwork upon which the payments are generated.

Original estimation was made by a company who subsequently went bust and let's just say I think they were a little 'creatively' with their estimate, but also reduced as we got a better EPC than originally predicted so heat requirement was lower.

11 hours ago, NSS said:

Original estimation was made by a company who subsequently went bust and let's just say I think they were a little 'creatively' with their estimate, but also reduced as we got a better EPC than originally predicted so heat requirement was lower.

But that should have been evident when the new installer did their quote surely? ie before you had it actually fitted? 

11 hours ago, newhome said:

That’s poor then! 

Not as far as I'm concerned. The firm that took over the job were excellent, and it's not their fault that the original (cowboys) miscalculated the RHI payments, nor that we achieved a better EPC than initially anticipated.

The firm that finished the job were already installing the PV for us, and had I come across them before I contracted the original supplier I'd have given them the ASHP/UFH job anyway.

The bummer was that the original supplier took me for about £1700 of work that they didn't complete. Fortunately I bought the heat pump and cylinder myself or it could have been a lot worse!