Terrible Thursday

Thedreamer

So we started roofing a couple of weeks ago.

I shout up to the roofer on the scaffolding, yeah I've got all the window flashings kits.

For some reason I wander into the storage container. Check the flashing kits and spot that one of the kits that arrived is for M06 which is a window size we didn't even order. Run inside get on the phone and ask why they sent this one, sorry that a cock up on our end. Told you need to go through your building merchant as they placed the order. 

I then go back to the storage container to double check the rest and then I spot another two are wrong. Unfortunately this was my error,

I looked at the picture on this link to get the code and didn't read the description or look at the second picture, yes I know what a plonker, but we all make mistakes. 

https://www.sterlingbuild.co.uk/product/velux-efl-pk10-0012-single-vertical-combination-slate-flashing-94x160cm

Phone the building merchant get the correct kits ordered and one arrives on Tuesday but the other group of two are yet to arrive so I chase them up yesterday and  they tell me they have sent them to the building merchant but are for a tile roof. V admit that they were wrong and say that it's going to be next Tuesday before it arrives.

Next problem...

Building merchant says that we have got your metal roof delivered, great I think. Wander down the access and see from the distance that angle that I gave in a drawing (and some may remember I asked for some help on here) has been ignored. What a waste of four weeks of waiting.

So on Thursday night I just stare at the roof, one side can;'t do because of lack of window flashings and the other side can't do because of the metal lean to roof flashing being incorrect. 

This morning, I wander down the access and see my roofing looking at the metal flashing and it all obvious that it's wrong, show him the goods received note which shows that it should have been 150 degrees.

Now decided to scrap the metal flashing and will just use lead which I now have.

What a terrible Thursday,

Sorry rant over, just letting off steam.

• Sad 2

Just now, Triassic said:

It’s always good to rant!

Let’s hope next week goes smoothly.

There is a for sale section on here, someone might want flashing kits etc.

It should be all sorted now. I believe V want them back but hopefully, they will forget about them.