Book recommendation

Garry

Good afternoon, I’m garry. Just recently got full planning in Dorset for a single storey dwelling. Which will be on helical screws. Just looking for idea books to get to guide me through the building process. Look forward to hearing from you.

V03B.PDF

• Like 1

Whooo that’s a bit tasty looking @Garry

can you tell me who did your visualisation 

was it the architect or did they farm it out to another company 

we have just started ours and I would really like a visualisation to check cladding colour and many other things. 

I bet you had to have a fairly rigorous flood assessment done. 

Hi Garry,

You're just down the road from me, I'm currently building outside of Sturminster Newton.

I think that it depends on what type of build you are planning and how involved you will be. I bought all the usual books but, in the end, didnt get much use from them as so little related to my project.

In truth, reading this forum in depth and exchanging ideas/asking questions helped me far more than any book or publication.

Lovely looking house !

Edited by Nickfromwales
every little helps lol

@vivienz Garry has been to mine and i've suggested he talk to you because the screw piles might turn out to be one of those early 'architects assumptions'...your journey through foundation systems might prove very relevant to him.

Garry drop by and i'll lend you Housebuilders Bible, The self builders guide to project management, and give you a stack of Selfbuilder/Build It magazines.

Edited by Nickfromwales
rr lol
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Whooo that’s a bit tasty looking @Garry

Yep looks v smart - self builder bible is great but for an unconventional build, as this appears, helical screws and all, there must be other books out there. I got the latest versions of the building regs from the web (all free) and those coupled to the costings bible (spons - defo not free) should be enough to keep you amused through the next few stages of the process. If its going to be a passive house then there are several great books out there EG this one.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. The book recommendation are great thank you. The Visualisations were done by the architect from western designs. The support on this hub is very much appreciated.thank you again. ?

On 28/08/2018 at 18:09, Garry said:

Good afternoon, I’m garry. Just recently got full planning in Dorset for a single storey dwelling. Which will be on helical screws. Just looking for idea books to get to guide me through the building process. Look forward to hearing from you.

V03B.PDF

Just wanted to say welcome, and damn that's a nice looking house!