Looking for a triple glazed roof window....

ProDave

Yes all sorted and the window fitted this morning.

The flashing kit was overly complicated. Not helped by the instructions being purely pictorial with no words and not that clear.

The confusion was the flashings down the sides which are made from a number of individual pieces. At first I thought it was meant to be something complicated whereby you interleaved them with each row of tiles but that wouldn't work as each flashing piece was shorter than each of my tiles.  Once you understand the flashing is just to create a hidden gutter down the edge of the window and is entirely under the tiles and bears no relationship to tile size it all made more sense.  The other thing set to challenge you is the kit provides twice as many side pieces as you need leaving you with one of those "what are all these left over bits for" moments.

Also had problems with the top flashing across the window. For some reason the two ends were turned upwards which made no sense whatsoever and the upturn was not shown in the instructions. After much head scratching, I flattened the upturn and all made sense. Another little "challenge" I suppose.

roof_window_outside.jpg

I think we have decided that for the bathroom windows we will use Velux.  I know it's £100 more for each window but it's more important to get it "right" in those rooms.  The things that let the Eco+ down are the finish is not as good, and the trickle ventilator mechanism is a bit cheap and nasty.

roof_window_inside.jpg

At the end of the day, it is what it says on the tin. A budget priced 3G roof window that does not have the finish quality of more expensive makes.

Yes the flashing kit works for my tiles

tiles_1.jpg

that's the easy ones done, now I need to start cutting tiles up the side of the window.

Back to "which window" I was doing some more at the new build I am wiring. Previously I had looked at his UPVC velux windows and decided I don't like them. but I noticed he only has those in the bathrooms. In a bedroom he has a Velux 3G top hung with a painted wooden finish inside. Now that I did like and the fittings are much better quality, so I's pretty well decided that's what we will use for the two in the main part of the house. The painted wood finish inside will go well with the Rationel windows.