Mocking up a Kitchen island

1 hour ago, newhome said:

@ProDave you should know to ask on here where the cheapest place to buy something is. Someone here always comes up with something ;)

Received loud and clear.  Some people seem to see the poor search facilities of some websites as a "challenge".

5 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

You want the ones with usb socket on them. You can plug the lead in and put the unit down and the phone can sit on top charging away.

All things being equal yes. But I had the unique requirement of wanting the socket to collapse into a 70mm wide void. This one appears to be the only one that will do that, and without USB sockets.  Others are typically 90mm or more diameter.

22 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

You want the ones with usb socket on them. 

Its perhaps worth considering that that those USB-A sockets may well be obsolete in a few years time. I personally wouldn't install them now. USB-C is on the way (for all my bits and bobs at least). 

1 minute ago, Dreadnaught said:

Its perhaps worth considering that that those USB-A sockets may well be obsolete in a few years time. I personally wouldn't install them now. USB-C is on the way (for all my bits and bobs at least). 

Yes but I am sure you will always be able to get a lead from the original USB A to USB z or whatever they choose to call it next week.  We have 3 different phones in the house, with 3 different "USB" sockets, but all have a lead to fit the standard USB A

31 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Received loud and clear.  Some people seem to see the poor search facilities of some websites as a "challenge".

People like me you mean ;). Always up for a beat the search engine challenge :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

Very true I am sure that they will change the socket to whatever type of usb is the market leader at the time.