Earthing metal pendant

j_s

Hi guys

I've bought a basic single metal e27 pendant. It's got neutral, line and earth but the metal rose requires earthing and no fitting (usually ring attached with earth lead to casing all done) is provided. It's just an earth wire and instructions just say make sure rose is earthed. I'll need some connectors to attach to house wiring but what is the best way to go about sorting out the rose? I've googled but you just can't seem to buy a small earth lead with ring as normally seen in other light fittings. 

I'll probably get the electrician to do it but I like to get all parts ready before he gets here. 

Thanks

James

Edited by j_s

The bit with the flex on it is the light bulb holder, do you mean that part?

There is a bracket that screws to the ceiling, 2 screws then point downwards from the bracket and go through the 2 holes in the rose and there are 2 nuts that then hold the rose in place. There is a nut that fits in the top of the rose that the flex goes through and a piece under the rose that the flex also goes through that fits through the hole that the nut attaches to.

Crimped ring terminal to one of the 2 screws pointing down or below the central nut perhaps?

God I hate light fittings like that.  INCOMPLETE.  They expect you to make it up as you go along. 

WHAT secures and takes the strain of the flex?

WHAT connects the flex to the fixed wiring?

I would take it back as not fit for purpose unless you are prepared to sort out the missing bits.

Earthing, which is the original question, you could to a lot worse than a ring terminal under one of the screws that fixed the bracket thing to the ceiling.

Usual cheap Chinese sh!t! You need to earth both ceiling bracket and that black cover imo. Something like this...green highlighter looks blue for some reason...

earth.thumb.jpg.1298797d98e8ea8beb45c429cc6326c0.jpg

If you don't earth both, either could become live when separated. Does the grub screw in that conical black bit just "crush" the 3 core cable to secure it?