Vijay

FD60s fire doors

Afternoon,

I need to have a 60s fire door between my house and garage. My plans spec a 762 door but I think this is too narrow and maybe I should match the other internal doors and go 838. Are there standard sizes for fire doors and has anyone come across nice looking well insulated ones? I also want it to be very secure.

The wall between the house and garage is 370 so I guess I could have 2 doors if need be?

Either size will be available.  You may be best looking at doors designed to serve as front doors to flats.  I have used Ahmarra in the past and found them to be good.

Thank you Mr Punter. I've emailed a few sellers and will contact Ahmarra too

Will follow this thread as I am also searching for a nice insulated/fire door for between garage to house. Haven't seen anything yet.

Giving this thread a little bump.

@Vijay

and @Alexphd1

Did either of you find any good options? I'm having a mooch around at the moment. Plenty of FD30 but not so many FD60 choices that I can see at the moment.

Hi Vivienz,

Last place I contacted was https://firedoors.co.uk/  and they basically said if I sent them a picture of the door I wanted, they could replicate it with a matching fire door.

Vijay

• Thanks 1