kit pricing

Simplysimon

i asked for a price for a kit, after a period of time, including a two week shutdown for summer hols. i receive this, its good to know there is so much business out there! and its so personal as well

Hello,

This is a courtesy email regarding your enquiry.

Unfortunately due to large amounts of current enquiries and lead times we regret to say we won't currently be providing a quote just now for your enquiry.

Thanks

Regards

• Confused 1

I don't think this is that new a problem.  When I started asking for quotes I reckon around 2/3rds of the companies I approached just didn't respond at all.  Same happened when I asked for quotes for passive slab foundations.  Most of the bigger companies I asked to quote for things needed chasing, and I got the impression that it wasn't that they were over-loaded with work, but really because they couldn't be arsed to quote for a one-off house.

43 minutes ago, jack said:

At least they responded and gave an honest answer. Neither is necessarily a given!

Very true!  The majority of people I asked to quote just failed to respond at all.  This included window suppliers, frame suppliers, passive foundation suppliers, as well as quite a lot of trades people.  I reckon that if you get a response from more than half the people you contact you're doing well.  I did have one frame company get in touch with me about 3 or 4 months after I'd asked them for a quote, sent them drawings etc.  They seemed surprised when I told them we'd selected a contractor two months earlier.