Kwikstage scaffolding and clay ground

Evening,

I'm contemplating going down the kwikstage scaffolding for my build and wondered about the ground conditions.  I've roughly levelled out around my build but how does kwikstage fair with soft ground and clay which is bound to move and sink? Do they come with adjustable legs as standard?

Do I rest every leg on a scaffold board (or are there special base boards) and then it's a simple case of checking them regularly to make sure they aren't loose?

Cheers

Vijay

We're looking at the same, but have decided to place a hard core mat around the perimeter to give us extra stable ground conditions, particularly with how difficult the clay can be in the wetter months

26 minutes ago, ProDave said:

screw jack bases are standard. I stood the legs on offcuts of timber, anything I had to hand just to spread the load a bit.

Did you bother checking them regularly?

20 minutes ago, Visti said:

We're looking at the same, but have decided to place a hard core mat around the perimeter to give us extra stable ground conditions, particularly with how difficult the clay can be in the wetter months

I did contemplate that but it's quite a large perimeter so hoped for an easier solution...........................................

If when the house is finished you will have any paved areas around the house you will eventually have to put down a hard standing for this. 

So why not install it all now, it will provide a nicer working area. 

15tonne of scalpings will probably stretch a long way around. 

Ive got two truckloads coming next week as I can’t stand working in the crud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vijay said:

Did you bother checking them regularly?

Net especially. If one foot does sink then just that corner of the tower would end up a bit lower. I don't think it would be left with the foot levitating. 

Make sure you only use timber like off cuts from joists or scaffolding planks. Never ever use concerte blocks or bricks. These will compact under the weight and crush. 

There are holes in the base plate on the jack leg that if you want you can put a nail in to stop the scaffolding slipping of the timber. Handy if the telehandler drive is blind or your on a slope.

Borrowing half from my wife's uncle and the other half we are borrowing from our joiners.

Should result in scaffolding cost coming at around £300-£400.

It seems to be a cost that can spiral.

Edited by Thedreamer