Parking outside our house: managing it sensitively.

6 hours ago, Triassic said:

I happened to be driving down the A6 earlier today and found this great lay-by.  No litter bin in sight though!

65984F08-503A-4E5F-A77D-BF8D2600BE20.thumb.jpeg.6da234b98241147c8fe899dab1e1222c.jpeg

Not sure whose house it is but the builder wasn’t to be seen. Mind you the roof and windows are looking fantastic.

Did you see a big ice cream cone sticking out of the ground at a funny angle?

Next time I am up there I will take a piccie of my new car in the Buildhub Services. They do very good coffee.

(Bah humbug ... beaten to the draw by @PeterW again)

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Revenge is a dish best taken cold. ?

Here's a true "cold revenge" story for you.

In 1984, the girl I'd been living with for a few years decided to have a fling with someone else.  I caught them at it (literally - I went around to see one of her friends, as I couldn't find her, and found her and her bit on the side in bed together around there, much to her friend's embarrassment at them being caught at her place).  I rushed home, packed up all her stuff threw it on the drive and when she came home told her to bugger off.

I neither saw nor heard from her again, until around a year or so later, when I was driving back to Helston from Penzance on my own, in the early hours of the morning, in torrential rain, with virtually no other traffic around.  I spotted a car stopped at the side of the road, apparently broken down, so stopped, got out, and ran over, intending to try and offer to help (this was before mobile phones were around).  As I got level with the car, the driver's window wound down and I asked if I could help.  No sooner had I said this than I spotted it was my ex driving the car, on her own, so I said something like "Oh, it's you.  Well you can go f*** yourself then", ran back to my car and drove off.  I grinned all the way home about the way that revenge had handed itself to me, just like that...

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

so I said something like "Oh, it's you.  Well you can go f*** yourself then", ran back to my car and drove off.  I grinned all the way home about the way that revenge had handed itself to me, just like that...

That's ace and is so like something I would have said too :D. Reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He was married to his second wife by then but still had a ton of affairs. He was clearly a leopard that didn't change his spots because he used to play away during his first marriage too. On one memorable occasion with the first wife he returned home in the early hours of the morning to see strange stuff all over the front garden. His wife had spent the evening chopping all of his clothes into tiny bits and flinging them out the bedroom window! :D

• Haha 1