Bora BIU or Siemens EX875LX34E

I am looking to fit an induction hob with build in recirculating extractor. I haven't been able to find any decent reviews that would help me compare  the Siemens with the Bora.

Does anyone have any such reviews?

Edited by ultramods

I plan to have a Bora abajo hob and extractor. I saw it in Holland whilst staying with a friend who was looking at kitchens at the time. I have found a local kitchen company that will do supply only, so that's my planned route at the moment.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vivienz said:

I plan to have a Bora abajo hob and extractor. I saw it in Holland whilst staying with a friend who was looking at kitchens at the time. I have found a local kitchen company that will do supply only, so that's my planned route at the moment.

is abajo a typo or a new model they are bringing out?

Actually Bora is the one thats jumped onto the bandwagon and is a fantastic marketing engine.

Gaggenau, Gutmann and Novy have been making these for atleast 20 years. Gutmann and Gaggenau in the inline format and Novy in a hybrid inline downdraft format. Bora Basic I believe is made for them by Gutmann.

I would rate a hood by any of the above  over the Neff/Siemens versions.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

First post on here - I searched for Bora hobs and have read all of the posts on here so I have joined :) to share my two pence worth

We are about to start on a new extension that will mean a new kitchen, so we have started to research new appliances (we have currently have Siemens appliances and have had them for around 8 years)

We had watched loads of online videos of extractor hobs and were sceptical that CGI may have been used to show the steam flowing into the extractors.

We had a demo a couple of weeks ago on the Siemens Extractor hob and also the Bora Basic hob on the same day - (had to travel 40+ miles to see them both)

I desperately wanted the Siemens to be better than the Bora but it isn't - the Bora we demo`d was a recirculating model (but it didn't have the filters fitted as it was new to the showroom)

The Bora was quieter and extracted better than the Siemens and the vent on the Bora is less obtrusive and quick to take apart for cleaning

We are going to buy a Bora Basic Surface (BFIA) and have it exhausting through the wall, the Bora now comes with a totally black exhaust vent.

• Thanks 2