Heras Fencing

Visti

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a potentially steady source of Heras Fencing available from Self-Builders completing on the Graven Hill development project over the next many years/

They are provided as a part of the infamous Golden Brick project and it is proving difficult for many to get rid of the fencing once they're done. I figured it may be an idea to hook them up with those of you on here who are looking to start and need to source some fencing!

I've posted a notice on the builders FB group to this post, but am also happy to post any requests on here onto FB. 

Around here used Heras panels with feet and clamps have a pretty fixed second hand value of £15 per panel.  There's a steady demand around here for second hand panels, as I had to buy a few extras and then when it came time to remove the fencing I had offers to buy it before I'd thought to advertise it for sale.

4 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

How many of these panels could I fit into a regular 2006 vintage transit van?

Doubt they would fit.  IIRC they are about 2m high by 3m long (maybe a bit longer) so even on the diagonal they are probably too big to get in a transit, and they'd be too long to be able to close the rear doors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Around here used Heras panels with feet and clamps have a pretty fixed second hand value of £15 per panel.  There's a steady demand around here for second hand panels, as I had to buy a few extras and then when it came time to remove the fencing I had offers to buy it before I'd thought to advertise it for sale.

Doubt they would fit.  IIRC they are about 2m high by 3m long (maybe a bit longer) so even on the diagonal they are probably too big to get in a transit, and they'd be too long to be able to close the rear doors.

They go on the roof though if you have a rack.... 

I’m about to stick my 5 with feet and clamps up for grabs anyway. £15 per panel with feet is about the right price from what I’ve seen too. 

10-15 is the going rate around here. I had to travel 80 miles at the time when I needed them. We used a trailer which we bought cheap for the build, probably paid itself long time ago.

Edited by Alexphd1

We'll they're being sold for pennies as scrap down here at the moment due to the inability to pass them on to the next lot of self builders ( 100% with you there @ProDave ), so perhaps transport and fuel becomes viable even given the distance involved if offering even half the going rate?

May work for some in the south near Bicester, but probably not for the majority.