Removing render

gravelld

I realise this is a big of a "how long is a piece of string" style question but...

Getting quotes in for re-rendering, I know expected m2 prices but I was wondering how much a m2 price would be for removing existing render?

In this case it's pretty bad - popped on several elevations, but then stuck fast on some others.

For anyone who prices this work, what sort of price per m2 do you offer?

Trying to work out whether I should do it myself, it doesn't seem too skilled a job (shout me down if I'm wrong).

definitely the sort of thing you can do yourself or get a labourer to do.

get a decent (not too heavy) drill with chisel and have a go - you might find some of it comes off pretty easy

• Thanks 1

A lot depends on a/the background & b/the type & condition of the render. 

Poorly applied s/c render on concrete blocks may come off a dream-well applied lime render on bricks might be an absolute PITA. 

Really not a job where a catch all m2 price can be applied,IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Brickie said:

Really not a job where a catch all m2 price can be applied,IMO

I realise you can't give an *accurate* one, but given that this is a service people charge money for, some people must be giving some sort of m2 price!

BTW, it's a mixture of brick and block. Mostly block.

Edited by gravelld

8 minutes ago, gravelld said:

I realise you can't give an *accurate* one, but given that this is a service people charge money for, some people must be giving some sort of m2 price!

BTW, it's a mixture of brick and block. Mostly block.

Some pictures would help with a price Quite Quik to clean off if there is a fixed scaf Slow moving towers 

You may find that the top coat comes off ok and the scratch coat won’t shift If that’s the case the new scratch coat can go over the old

But a few pics would help

Yeah, scaffolding will be provided as part of the wider project. What are you looking for in the pictures? Here are some drawings of where the render currently is.

3ce1bt8NnQpl6T5mGXb4X0ycTyMhgxFfmDtZMSveCPGqoebmkPgFZ_UZ0UnHvtP-fvRRNE-CInXYUjBRDfG-q15zEt1U32ALu9-bXOmyVG9Wts6tE83hnjPb7KV6TTxEYVd7FfaT

GDB2ErBKMfD2cmF_Kq0E5j-K1qbJu7oJRSQ7gdN6nA7koIMxYT093bzRU_90lSUAKAApJp9-p4KYEcRg2qrWqHzbIUnogv7W8f7l7mxGj2CGKdQuMWBQwwfGSYZP_R3SZgfquf0n

MDv3BoO2n7pdJuHIqh3Dp1zrIGYurJPKWqO47EkNeuCc9SMrAte1lDjH6l5r9APRzULIzuo0PraJXn2Cb9s440cFuLHWEmf_2XHUrbTwY_UM28Xn3Kl_gGfCq8mz_tDRSV12MtLm

hnyTLuI1myw4_qE6HW8E_GETUi9Dh6zp9srR-BGFy6ZdU6p72OlFFIuH6RjD96kDUPvsru7QO2VPXYNTDHpS6Gekh_-U167dZ0UiH6-TLsL5ij-pq5ZCFIL-5Sn4RrVk8SXe9y_g

About 220m2 plus window reveals.

Edited by gravelld

I’d normally not look to make much on something like this

id alow a week for two labourers to knock it off and spray a sealer on it  prior to scratch coating 

It can rack up if you start paying a day rate