Paving above dpc

Pocster

Hey all

My block paving is causing issues . Because I’ve got walk on sky lights on a slope - it makes things tricky ! ( other complications also ! )

Essentially though the pavers slope down away from the house they will be about 20mm above dpc . Is the best solution just to do a chemical dpc 150mm above them into the wall blockwork ?

Are chemical dpc’s As good as ‘physical ‘ ones ??

Struggling to find another solution ....

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Needs to be below the DPC so any water drops below it

I see .

so my ‘channel’ is as deep as I need it so it’s benath dpc . My channel chippings though I can fill up to level with pavers and therefore above dpc ? . If that makes sense !!! . I’m probably worrying over nothing as this blockwork is external skin to timber frame . I worry more than @Onoff if I’m honest ..... ?

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

@PeterW, would you line the French drain first with something permeable but tough like landscape fabric?

The reason for wrapping up your clean gravel in landscape fabric in a French drain, including over the top, is to help prevent it getting clogged up with small particles and maintain better performance for longer.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

The reason for wrapping up your clean gravel in landscape fabric in a French drain, including over the top, is to help prevent it getting clogged up with small particles and maintain better performance for longer.

F

My understanding, from a thread on here not that long ago, was that the 20mm stuff gets wrapped to stop clogging but NOT the decorative top layer of gravel. That can be periodically shovelled out and cleaned / replaced.

???

12 hours ago, Onoff said:

My understanding, from a thread on here not that long ago, was that the 20mm stuff gets wrapped to stop clogging but NOT the decorative top layer of gravel. That can be periodically shovelled out and cleaned / replaced.

???

That's how I do it. But I would not normally wash the decorative stuff on top  - why do that? The Franch Drain is there to take the water away.

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

That's how I do it. But I would not normally wash the decorative stuff on top  - why do that? The Franch Drain is there to take the water away.

I just meant if it gets leaves/moss/bits of twigs in the gravel.

• 1 month later...