Leicht Kichens

Triassic

13 hours ago, Simplysimon said:

well if 27k is too much, perhaps this is better value, unfortunately now sold. we'll probably be buying from here. check out original price.

https://www.usedkitchenexchange.co.uk/shop/sold/very-very-large-smallbone-of-devises-used-kitchen-wolf-sub-zero-miele-gaggenau-kitchen-appliances/

IMO 25k is a bit much for a secondhand one which is 11 years old, even it it was 250k originally ?.

Suspect that some of those appliances would need replacing soon ... especially the Sub-Zero walk in fridge-freezer if that is what it is, as fridge efficiency science has moved on a long way since then.

Offer 12k And let them keep the fridge ?.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

DIY Kitchens wall unit went up today.  1000mm wide with bifold up door (bifold 'cos I'm fed up of standing up whilst unpacking the dishwasher and cracking my head on an open door)

Once installed the final packing was removed to reveal the top hinges had popped.  The back panel had not been fixed to the bottom of the unit so, although the packaging wasn't damaged, a jolt on one corner had knocked it out of square and popped the hinges.  I contacted them today (with pics) - within a couple of hours they came back asking if I wanted replacement or refund.  Luckily for them I am only 20 mins away so the redelivery won't really cost them LOL

(And if they don't want the other one back I have a great place for it :ph34r:)

Edited by Hecateh
  • Like 1

On 04/10/2018 at 16:49, Triassic said:

I've just realised that "DIY Kitchens" is an actual company and you've not actually built your own kitchen!!!

Dare I ask how many base units you bought and cost?

300 full height tall unit

600 oven housing x 2 with pan drawers

1100 wall in larder

300 base x2

600 bin drawer system

1200 sink base

1100 corner x 2

800 pan drawer unit

100 tray space

800 bridge unit

All in Altino gloss grey with light grey cabinets, all soft close hinges etc and was change from £4k

Since we are doing helpful comparisons, I can provide a useful costed Howdens  data point.

This is an example of a a midrange (ie a couple of levels above their cheapest, with extra money also targeted at the bits you notice ie sink, tap, worktop) Howdens kitchen in the Little Brown Bungalow. We also got a custom hall unit out of it.

wenham-kitchen.jpg.fad8a94986a6db5071c5d472d2787ebd.jpg

wenham-kitchen-2.jpg.b79110ade526fa3ad3146a3686b7eac2.jpg

wenham-kitchen-hall-unit.jpg.fe27d1f5132e4cd65aa709ac8f405580.jpg

Includes (slightly ish):

1200 base unit.

600 drawers.

600 oven unit.

1200 corner cupboard.

600 wall unit.

600x600 wall corner unit.

1200 wall unit.

600 taller, deeper unit for boiler.

1 x 4m and 1 x 3m of 38mm worktop.

Decent sink (ie 0.9mm not 0.7mm thick)

Decent mixer tap. Sink and tap together were probably £200 to £250.

Handles, hinges and mounting kits.

Shaker Doors plus 3 x normal end panels, 1 x tall end panel, plus 2 x 1m high doors for broom cupboard to make tall door.

Plinths, trims, and pelmets.

No appliances.

Came to around £2350 inc VAT in Dec 2017, which is just Trade Discount without special favours except a 1-2% round-down on the price iirc.

My chap who did this, and is doing @Hecateh's kitchen, says that DIY Kitchens are higher quality, a little more built-up, and likes building them, but do not come with similar mounting kits.

Next time I will get quotes from both for identical jobs. Taking a guess I would say that DIY may be about 20-25% more for a comparable, but that may well be worth it.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

300 tall pullout unit

300 tall larder cupboard

600 tall oven and microwave housing

1000 base corner unit

500 base pullout bin and recycling unit

600 base sink

600 base pull out wire drawers

600 base pan drawer

600 base pan drawer

500 base shallow depth

1000 wall unit with bifold door

4m laminate worktop

3m laminate worktop

handle free

kick plates etc

no sink, tap or appliances

soft close hinges throughout

£2834 inc VAT and delivery

Fixing bits were about £6.00

• Thanks 1

Fancy inners are expensive (everywhere) the pullout unit on the tall cupboard was £200 extra,  the pullout bin unit about £100 extra etc.

I wanted a le mans pullout for the corner but that would have added another £200

21 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

Fancy inners are expensive (everywhere) the pullout unit on the tall cupboard was £200 extra,  the pullout bin unit about £100 extra etc.

I wanted a le mans pullout for the corner but that would have added another £200

Keep an eye on eBay.  I was looking for a pull out unit for our bathroom and discovered Kessebohmer units were much cheaper than on the Hafele website, and, as well as the 300mm larder unit I was looking for, I bought a brand new 600mm Convoy Premio in an auction for £37 when the list price is about £700!  I have no idea where I'm actually going to use it, but I'll find somewhere ?

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

Convoy Premio 

That's another thing that sounds like Emma wotsit in Harry Potter - presumably when being lunch monitor, and declaimed whilst waving a chopstick.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 2

I've now received a breakdown of the Leicht  kitchen quote, as follows:-

600mm Larder unit, 2.4m tall

600 Integral freezer unit, 2.4m tall

600 integral oven unit, 1.4m tall

600 integral oven unit, 1.4m tall

600 integral fridge unit, 2.4m tall

600 mm Larder unit, 2.4m tall

1200 Draw pack unit

1200 Base unit with drawers

corner base unit with Le Manz pull out unit

600 Dishwasher integration unit

1200 Sink base cupboard

600 Integrated waste bin unit

12000 base unit

1200 base unit

1200 base unit

1200 base unit

600 integrated wine fridge unit.

Plus decorative end panels, trims, legs door, and all the gubbins.

All the above for £12K

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from my meeting with the Kitchen company sales guy.

I went through the quote line by line and within ten minutes I'd pointed out well over £1000 of saving for the appliances, sink and accessories when comparing their prices with reputable online companies. He was adamant that their price for the quartz worktops could not be beaten until I shared a quote from a company I have an account with, so there we had another £450 saving.

He's now gone away to talk to the company director about their best price on the kitchen units.

I think he got the message, I'm neither green nor cabbage looking!     Let's see where we end up!

• Like 2

On 04/10/2018 at 18:27, Hecateh said:

Mine is now half way through being fitted.  It is brilliant.  They are fully rigid and come complete with doors etc, really well packed with cardboard corners, folded so that the corners have extra protection. The carcase, drawers etc are the same colour as the doors (or you can have contrast if you wanted).  All the doors have protected film on them

@Hecateh that looks like the Luca style from DIY Kitchens that you are having fitted which is what we have got our eye on when the time comes. Looks good - what colour / type of worktop are you going for and did you go for the gloss or matt finish ? 

6 hours ago, jonM said:

@Hecateh that looks like the Luca style from DIY Kitchens that you are having fitted which is what we have got our eye on when the time comes. Looks good - what colour / type of worktop are you going for and did you go for the gloss or matt finish ? 

Yep it is the Luca, I love the simplicity of no handles.  It is matt dove grey with grey carcasses (which match very well).  Because of budget constraints I am not having any trims or side panels, other than plinths and backing for the back of units that will be on show under the island.  The wall unit arrived damaged and they had a new one to me in a week from being told.  On thing I would watch for if you have a wide wall unit.  The bottom shelf of the unit is not fixed to the back so wouldn't take much weight before bowing.  I think this is the reason it got damaged because the units are very well boxed.  On the replacement unit we have glued a block in place between the back and the bottom shelf which should make it much more secure.  They send fixings for wall units but no brackets to attach base or tall units to the wall.  Not expensive but worth being aware of.

I have gone for laminate worktop.  It is so much cheaper, and my sister and brother have granite and hate them because they mark with water so easily. I have had laminate in this house for 18 years and there isn't a mark on it. Unfortunately, 'Mr Nobody' has chipped the front of the new long worktop. All 4 workers in the house at the time deny it was them.  God knows how they have managed it, they certainly couldn't #not know' when they did it because it must have been given a really hard bang.  It's only tiny but I am so pee'd off about it.  

• Thanks 1