New Windows Scotland

GrantMcscott

Rationel from ADW in Cumbernauld.

Of the 6 quality window supplier I got quotes from, they were the cheapest and second best in terms of quality. Only beaten quality wise very slightly by Internorm who were twice the price.

Another +1 for Rationel from ADW.  I did get a price from Russell Timbertech and went and had a look at their showroom.  Price wise they were initially the same as ADW, but ADW were prepared to negotiate whereas Russell Timbertech wouldn't budge price wise.  What Russell Timbertech could do was provide a natural timber finish inside (Rationel only offered a painted finish), with the option of oak if you wanted to pay the premium.  From what I saw in both showrooms the Rationel windows had a slightly better paint finish.

• 1 month later...

I have Russell Timbertech fitted to our current house in Cornwall. When I discussed ordering them I mentioned the windy, salty, climate and my concerns about durability. I was supplied with ss hinges for the door sets, but the window locking mechanisms were rated cat 3 [should be 5 for where I am] and the shoot bolts and their retainers are rusting badly after 4 years. Due to my concerns about durability I have painted oak, it looks great, but all fixings were done with non -stainless screws & nails, as a result when I removed a shoot bolt retainer the screws snapped, partly from being corroded in and partly because they were overtightened [50% of the snap had rust stains on one of the screws]. I started talking to them about this in August, I still haven't got anywhere.........

Communication during the buying process [& since!] was poor, but the price was competitive and the wooden elements look great