Aluminium Window Cill (sill) covers : supplier

ToughButterCup

I also had to replace GAULHOFER  window cills, because I messed up the depth dimension on quite a few windows. I was recommended Spectrum by my Gaulhofer window Installer, who had done a lot of work with them. With his contact, they gave me a very quick turnaround time and a fair discount. 

Good quality. I used them for some other pressed aluminium finishing  around the garage doors and other places.

Marc Everitt

Spectrum Installations Limited
Unit 7 Springfield Industrial Estate
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 7NB

Tel: 01952 814116

http://www.spectruminstallations.co.uk/cills.php

1 hour ago, gravelld said:

@PeterStarck how do alu cills look alongside your uPVC windows? I'm assuming "ok" because that's what you got! Just that some uPVC suppliers I asked about this looked at me like I was barmy.

Pucker and then some. I've seen them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gravelld said:

@PeterStarck how do alu cills look alongside your uPVC windows? I'm assuming "ok" because that's what you got! Just that some uPVC suppliers I asked about this looked at me like I was barmy.

Most people seem to think our windows are aluminium anyway. The windows and sills have the same looking finish and it all goes together well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.

Windows going in yesterday, today and tomorrow. Never thought we'd see the day.  It's a year -roughly- after they should have been fitted.

Debbie could only say 'Fantastic, Fantastic' , and me - all I can think about is -

What's going to go wrong today, then?

So far nowt. ?

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 09/08/2018 at 14:57, HerbJ said:

I also had to replace GAULHOFER  window cills, because I messed up the depth dimension on quite a few windows. I was recommended Spectrum by my Gaulhofer window Installer, who had done a lot of work with them. With his contact, they gave me a very quick turnaround time and a fair discount. 

Good quality. I used them for some other pressed aluminium finishing  around the garage doors and other places.

Marc Everitt

Spectrum Installations Limited
Unit 7 Springfield Industrial Estate
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 7NB

Tel: 01952 814116

http://www.spectruminstallations.co.uk/cills.php

On 09/08/2018 at 15:21, Mikey_1980 said:

I can second spectrum, we got a lot of bits from them including cills. 

Just to follow up on this, it looks like Spectrum is now out of business.

8 hours ago, jack said:

Just to follow up on this, it looks like Spectrum is now out of business.

They go by the name Archital now (https://archital.co.uk/).

Having used them for the cost of near £5k for all our ventilated cavity cills, roof trims and cappings, I personally suggest that you avoid them unless absolutely desperate.

Took two and a half months for a quote. Almost impossible to get on the phone or get an email reply. Never deliver on verbal or written promises and rarely deliver on time. Fail to follow your designs, or will outright change them without informing you. They'll ignore actual on site measures taken by you, and even by themselves. They won't account for tolerances so what will fit in their workshop doesn't when you're 8 meters up on a 4 meter gable. They'll say that shoddy welds are acceptable, and if it leaks it is your fault for it being damaged somehow. They'll take shortcuts to rush a job the 2nd time rather than just getting it right. They'll refuse a refund when you want out, and then two months later they'll say they will refund you since the work isn't profitable any more and leave you hanging.

I've spent as much again on my scaffolding due to their delays and mismanagement. 

Find someone else for your own sake.

Edited by Visti
grammar
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Visti said:

They go by the name Archital now (https://archital.co.uk/).

Having used them for the cost of near £5k for all our ventilated cavity cills, roof trims and cappings, I personally suggest that you avoid them unless absolutely desperate.

Took two and a half months for a quote. Almost impossible to get on the phone or get an email reply. Never deliver on verbal or written promises and rarely deliver on time. Fail to follow your designs, or will outright change them without informing you. They'll ignore actual on site measures taken by you, and even by themselves. They won't account for tolerances so what will fit in their workshop doesn't when your 8 meters up on a 4 meter gable. They'll say that shoddy welds are acceptable, and if it leaks it is your fault for it being damaged somehow. They'll take shortcuts to rush a job the 2nd time rather than just getting it right. They'll refuse a refund when you want out, and then two months later they'll say they will refund you since the work isn't profitable any more and leave you hanging.

I've spent as much again on my scaffolding due to their delays and mismanagement. 

Find someone else for your own sake.

Hard to hear @Visti, sounds like there's a reason they went out of business previously. Thanks for sharing your experience.

4 hours ago, jack said:

Hard to hear @Visti, sounds like there's a reason they went out of business previously. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Another lesson learned, another part of the self build experience. As they say, it gets sorted in the end!

I now go by the mantra "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong"... Except the first part is irrelevant, it will always go wrong! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need some more bits to finish off round a steel post at a corner. Quite a lot of bits as it’s 7m tall plus a cill plus two horizontal areas. I was hoping they would be an option but clearly not. Thanks @Visti for sharing. Will try Finish Architectural. Used Wemico for the other aluminium trims - they were great but those bits were easy for me to measure so it was just supplied to my spec. These last bits are more complicated.....