walk in shower sizes

20 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Not really. As most folk are used to an electric shower or a standard bar mixer / concentric valve where the business goes on in one place, then no. If people have been fortunate enough to be able to afford higher speed installs from day one then yes, it may well seem standard, but most have not.

Well seems you were right. Viewed a house with a friend today (she’s moving not me), 4 showers all with the most huge rainfall shower heads and all have separate controls cited behind the shower heads so you get a wet arm lol. In addition none of them have handheld showers so the question is, how easily can they be retrofitted as they need a handheld in at least 1 for bathing the dogs. 

5 minutes ago, newhome said:

Well seems you were right. Viewed a house with a friend today (she’s moving not me), 4 showers all with the most huge rainfall shower heads and all have separate controls cited behind the shower heads so you get a wet arm lol. In addition none of them have handheld showers so the question is, how easily can they be retrofitted as they need a handheld in at least 1 for bathing the dogs. 

Maybe she could do it from behind?

• Haha 1

Just now, Onoff said:

As in come in from the back, maybe in a spare bedroom. Would need a stud to be able to do it. Save making a mess in the bathroom.

“As in come in from the back “ ??????????????

stop please stop ????

23 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I just used to turn the handset to one side, so it sprayed against the wall, and I waited the few seconds for it to heat up. Never got a cold arm ;) 

:ph34r:

Can't do that with a rainfall shower 

23 hours ago, Onoff said:

Wasn't it British Bathrooms? The place I linked?

They are one and the same ... and based in Bradford not far from the M62

Edited by Hecateh

7 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

Which is why you need a handset as well as the rainfall affair. I would never have a shower that only had the rainfall out of choice not least because the handset is useful for rinsing the shower after cleaning as well as showering. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

:ph34r:

They are one and the same ... and based in Bradford not far from the M62

We have both. the ladies wanted the rainfall thing. Dreadful invention.  I want a shower that I can have wetting my body, and wetting my head when I choose it to do so   the rainfall you can't stop it wetting your head and I hate that.  I won't be using it and as far as I am concerned it is redundant. but I am outvoted so we have both.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

We have both. the ladies wanted the rainfall thing. Dreadful invention.  I want a shower that I can have wetting my body, and wetting my head when I choose it to do so   the rainfall you can't stop it wetting your head and I hate that.  I won't be using it and as far as I am concerned it is redundant. but I am outvoted so we have both.

Other way around here. Me and the lad want the rainfall and the girls the hand spray. 

45 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

I would never fit just a rainfall head, I 100% always compliment with the shower spray headset and riser rail. Othewise you have to go get a bucket of water to clean the damn shower. 

When you explain that to da' ladies they soon say "out with the minimal look, give me a handset too". ;)

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

When you explain that to da' ladies they soon say "out with the minimal look, give me a handset too".

Is that cos cleaning the shower is wimmin’s work? ?

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Seriously. Whip everything off in the adjacent room and you can have a 3-way and get your pipe in easier.

3 hours ago, pocster said:

Should be banned !!! ??

You two will be banned if you don't pack it in. @Onoff could use the time to finish his tiles and @pocster can give him a weary-joints massage to relieve the 'tension'. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ProDave said:

We have both. the ladies wanted the rainfall thing. Dreadful invention

I love the rainfall for showering, just would never want to lose the hand spray if I could only have one or the other. 

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You two will be banned if you don't pack it in. @Onoff could use the time to finish his tiles and @pocster can give him a weary-joints massage to relieve the 'tension'. ;)

You missed the point above. @pocster wanted a threesome. Maybe they have plans to include you in their ménage à trois ? ???

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1