raft foundations

deuce22

Thanks.

I just had a look at Larsen truss walls and it looks like there's a few ways to construct them. These could quite easily be made on site if I was allowed to use the thing pieces of OSB to join them together.

102_1001.jpeg.136772e84dd0af5ab685ddc7a6bd00bf.jpeg

I'll do some more research on the insulated raft ystem.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

The £75m2 from isoquick, what exactly is that for ( Design supply or install etc) ?

That was just to supply.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

There's also a breather membrane between the battens that support the cladding and the main structure of the building

I mentioned that, but he didn't care. He said the membrane gets pierced with the fixing which allows damp through. He said he realised nothing would probably happen for years, but he was talking of later in the future.

Just checked on differences between English and Welsh regs re: timber frames.  They are the same, AFAICS, even down to referring to the same standards.  So what's been approved many times in England will be just as legal in Wales.  Sounds like your BCO is in the dark ages; might be an idea to just get another building control company to do the approval and inspections, rather than try and deal with an awkward one.

Just now, JSHarris said:

Just checked on differences between English and Welsh regs re: timber frames.  They are the same, AFAICS, even down to referring to the same standards.  So what's been approved many times in England will be just as legal in Wales.  Sounds like your BCO is in the dark ages; might be an idea to just get another building control company to do the approval and inspections, rather than try and deal with an awkward one.

Your right. That's exactly what I will do.

13 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I had 3 quotes for the insulation for a raft and isoquick where the dearest. 

Lots of others out there. 

I think this is because the Isoquick system has dimples to interlock the insulation slabs and there is a keyway down the sides of the perimeter pieces so everything is interlocked to prevent movement. We used the AFT technology system and this was significantly cheaper for the same result.

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, eandg said:

A belated post on this topic... I've had two quotes and the cheapest is £140/m2 (taking from prepared ground to slab) - is this a bit toppy? 

Back in 2012 the quotes I was getting were around £120 to £130/m² for a passive slab (prepared flat ground to finished slab).