I need a magnifier..... eyes ain't what they used to be

ToughButterCup

52 minutes ago, newhome said:

Would you not be able to order some cheap glasses online using your own prescription that should in theory correct the astigmatism? With delivery you should be able to get them for less than £15 as long as you choose the included lenses that come as standard and you don't have a special or unusual prescription. 

Yes. If I still had the prescription from the last eye test. It got "filed" which probably means I will never find it again. Perhaps after the next eye test I might look at this.

42 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Yes. If I still had the prescription from the last eye test. It got "filed" which probably means I will never find it again. Perhaps after the next eye test I might look at this.

Ask your optician, or take your glasses in and ask them to test them.

Of they can probably read it out over the phone, or ask by email.

One of the things I like about high street opticians is that they will still unbend my glasses without charge when I bend them into a strange shape.

F

57 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Just go and get another eye test done? I know you’re only supposed to have a free one every 2 years but if you use a different optician they can’t check anyway. 

Or as @Ferdinand says your optician should have a copy anyway. 

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

About the most useless things I ever got from an optician, because the only focus over a ridiculously short range "reading distance" so are totally useless for the computer for instance as that is too far away (so I just use a cheap pair of self select glasses for that)

I need glasses for the PC screen which I like to keep at the back of the desk and reading/close work. Optician recommended graduated lenses which are like bifocal lens's but with a smooth transition. I find they work very well.