Geberit UP200 cistern, duofix frame, and back to wall toilet

Hopefully somebody wise will be able to help because my plumber is on holiday and I need to order something soon.

For our ensuite, we want to buy a back-to-wall toilet and install it behind a false wall which will have a slab of granite/corian/tristone (dependent on how much money we have left in the budget by that stage) across the top which will also act as a countertop for an undermounted sink.

I've looked for cisterns for back to wall toilets that will do this and have come across the Geberit Up200 model with an installation height of 820mm.  It seems to be supplied as a cistern only or with a Duofix frame but installation information I can find online shows it with the Duofix frame being used, and everything else seems to point to the Duofix only being used for wall hung toilets, not back to wall toilets (and whilst wall hung toilets look good, I have an irrational fear of one falling off the wall when I'm sitting on it! ?)

Does anybody know if it is possible to fit a back to wall toilet using the Geberit Duofix or could you point me in the direction of some directions showing how to install the Geberit Up200 without it?

Many thanks

If it is not a wall hung pan, but a simple floor standing back to wall toilet, then you do you want or need the complication of a frame to mount the cistern in.

We just used a simple dual flush concealed cistern with hydraulic flush plate.

bathroom_9.thumb.jpg.c3aa0d655d0c1f731ecd4d13dff0b424.jpg

And here showing the service access

barhroom_10.thumb.jpg.769fde64eead10041006b8a200d5c3b2.jpg

If we don't have to have the frame, I'd be happy not to have to buy it, but I do want a good quality cistern that can be accessed easily for maintenance and the Geberit seems to provide that.  Thanks for sharing those photos @ProDave  - I presume the cistern is fitted to the wall in some way?

That's the video I found when looking for how to install it @Onoff, but it has the Duofix frame being used rather than just the cistern.  The product installation download also creates some doubt as the diagrams show it being attached to blockwork and used with a wall hung toilet but no Duofix frame! 

image.png.be0444d01365ca1185606a51b377b754.png

image.png.adf09a066e6464711bbc13ae045cc0eb.png

Edited by ThePoplars

13 minutes ago, ThePoplars said:

@Onoff  Thank you.  I wasn't looking in the right place, and there is something much clearer about somebody saying what they are doing rather than very fancy computer generated animations.  I'll put my order in now!

Geberit are bombproof. 

You wont be disappointed. No need to mount on anything other than a flat, vertical wall. Doesn't need to be on blockwork. ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThePoplars said:

@Onoff  Thank you.  I wasn't looking in the right place, and there is something much clearer about somebody saying what they are doing rather than very fancy computer generated animations.  I'll put my order in now!

No problem. I've been down a similar route with my Geberit in wall wc frame and wall drain. A bit of a minefield I found it getting my head around the various instructions and what extras were needed. Got there in the end! 

I don't like like the way their drawings mix mm & cm!

Once you get your head around the Geberit stuff though it dawns on you, the simplicity and efficiency of their designs. It just works. 

36 minutes ago, Onoff said:

No problem. I've been down a similar route with my Geberit in wall wc frame and wall drain. A bit of a minefield I found it getting my head around the various instructions and what extras were needed. Got there in the end! 

I don't like like the way their drawings mix mm & cm!

Once you get your head around the Geberit stuff though it dawns on you, the simplicity and efficiency of their designs. It just works. 

Mixing measurements - they're just trying to keep you on your toes ?

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

It's fine, he'll measure 368 times and cut once ;)

Only 368 times?  Is that a lucky number?  Or, perhaps, one that ensures the right balance between ying and yang, so ensuring that the bathroom has the right feng shui?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Only 368 times?  Is that a lucky number?  Or, perhaps, one that ensures the right balance between ying and yang, so ensuring that the bathroom has the right feng shui?

Well he actually cuts 3 times...

First to 1cm tolerance...

Then to 1mm tolerace...

And finally to 1um tolerance !

@ThePoplars,  you might find this document useful should you go for the UP200 cistern. 

Page 8 for instance gives the Kappa flush plates available. Typically SWMBO liked the ones from the Sigma range. Seeing as I got two new cisterns and frames for £100 she was having Kappa flush plates and liking it! :) Picked the flush plates up I think for £25.00 a piece on eBay. "115.228.something" in chrome are the ones I have.

Geberit_Flush_Brochure.pdf

You might also find you need to buy the water connections with valve like this. About what I paid I think:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geberit-water-connection-with-stop-valve-for-FM-cisterns-Art-240-269-00-1/173201397850?epid=2255554737&hash=item28539b985a:g:orkAAOSwJEdaoBUO

Edited by Onoff
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

All Geberit cisterns should come with all parts. If they don’t then they aren’t complete ....... 

Some come without the adjustable back to wall frame fixings. Be double sure when buying as there will be a breakdown of what's included. 

If in doubt just post back here ;)

• Thanks 1

All cisterns come complete ..... Water valve was missing on the one @Onoff bought hence the link. The Duofix frames come with a mix of brackets depending on the part number. 

If it's a specific one you want, PM me the spec and I will get the correct part number for you

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PeterW said:

All cisterns come complete ..... Water valve was missing on the one @Onoff bought hence the link. The Duofix frames come with a mix of brackets depending on the part number. 

If it's a specific one you want, PM me the spec and I will get the correct part number for you

Water valve was missing on the TWO that @Onoff bought in that case. Weird. Same private seller, still in the original boxes & unused.

Well, the cistern hasn't arrived yet, but I'll know now to check about the water valves.  I also got an ebay bargain Kappa50 flush plate @Onoff and it has just arrived.  It is in bright chrome so this may be disconcerting for my partner given previous threads - I'll just be concerned about fingerprints ?