ASHP funding

I keep getting Facebook pop up ads for funding for ASHPs. What’s the deal? I thought all funding for such things had stopped?

UK Homeowners  Receive Up To £925 Per Annum For Installing Funded Renewable Heating. If Your Property is Heated by Either Oil or Gas you Could Qualify For This Amazing Incentive. Apply Today

http://heatpumpfunding.co.uk/

It's the RHI payments. You don't get funding for the install (although in Scotland at least you can get an interest free loan over 10 - 12 years) but you can get up to £1300 a year RHI payments for 7 years depending on your house. 

It actually says that in the link you posted:

Receive Up To £925 Per Annum With The Government Backed Renewable Heat Incentive Cash Back Scheme

Use Funding And Let Your System Pay For Itself

35 minutes ago, newhome said:

I keep getting the ads too but I have been looking at them, however I can't even get anyone out here to quote me :(

Hi - if you are looking for accredited installers then can I recommend Borders Under Floor Heating - they operate out of Galashiels and have / will install our UFH, ASHP and DHW cylinder . Through them we have been accepted by the Scottish energy trust so will receive an interest free loan and receive RHI payments, which will cover the cost of the interest free loan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redoctober said:

Hi - if you are looking for accredited installers then can I recommend Borders Under Floor Heating - they operate out of Galashiels and have / will install our UFH, ASHP and DHW cylinder . Through them we have been accepted by the Scottish energy trust so will receive an interest free loan and receive RHI payments, which will cover the cost of the interest free loan.

Fab thanks, I haven't tried those. Tried the one at Duns and although he promised to contact me he never has and someone who knows him says he has been trying to get him out to quote for the last year! Have tried 4 in East Lothian too but no joy. I've got someone from the Scottish Energy Trust coming out to do an assessment here later in August. Never dreamt it would be so difficult to get a quote! 

Edited by newhome

6 minutes ago, newhome said:

Can I ask what ASHP you are having installed please and a ballpark figure (I don't need the UFH clearly and I hope I can get away with my existing tank). 

Yes it is a Mitsubishi 5 kW Ecodan unit with a Mitsubishi pre-plumbed 170 litre hot water cylinder - supply and fit for just shy of £7k. If you do contact them, please mention Paul from Darnchester.

The ASHP is £4.5k

Edited by Redoctober
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

If you go on their website you will get a list of their accredited installers which you have to use anyway to get the funding, I’m sure one of them will quote you, we are getting funding for the pellet stove 

Tried 5 so far with no joy :(. Will try the one @Redoctober used next. 

• Sad 1

Just now, ProDave said:

Well my sub £500 ebay ASHP is (eventually) working.  Can anyone with an RHI system and (inflated?) MCS installer costs really get a system for a net expenditure of £500?

Well possibly as I should get the full RHI payment so £9100 back over 7 years. I'm hoping that it won't cost much more than that to install. But I can't install one so once I've paid someone to do that the DIY option will cost a lot more than your 500 quid so I think the maths stack up to go for an RHI option especially as there is an interest free loan too. 

37 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Can anyone with an RHI system and (inflated?) MCS installer costs really get a system for a net expenditure of £500?

Dave. Compare apples with apples mate, thats a huge bum steer. £500 for your ( at first wonky ) ASHP which fortunately you can fit yourself, at the cost of your personal worth ( what you would have been getting if you were in work not in your back garden fitting your ASHP ;) ).

The cost mentioned by most here also include the cylinder / controller / ASHP fitting kit etc etc plus an accredited / certified installation with a manufacturer and installer warranty. 

A-pples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Is that the installed price..?? Unit is just shy of £2300 plus Vat so thats a lot of fitting cost 

That’s the heat pump cost I guess given that it’s 7k with the tank and fitting. You can’t get an install done that takes you under the RHI figure I reckon. Always been the case TBH. 

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

Is that the installed price..?? Unit is just shy of £2300 plus Vat so thats a lot of fitting cost 

9 hours ago, newhome said:

That’s the heat pump cost I guess given that it’s 7k with the tank and fitting. You can’t get an install done that takes you under the RHI figure I reckon. Always been the case TBH. 

Yep, sorry my mistake.  Having read my documents again, I can conform that the price previously stated also includes the cylinder so I'm not sure of the breakdown for both items.  Thanks Peter for the heads up but I knew I was content with the overall package price when it was being discussed some months ago.

15 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Yep, sorry my mistake.  Having read my documents again, I can conform that the price previously stated also includes the cylinder so I'm not sure of the breakdown for both items.  Thanks Peter for the heads up but I knew I was content with the overall package price when it was being discussed some months ago.

I think if you can get circa 7k back via RHI and an interest free loan then it's a no brainer TBH. Have you been told what you are likely to get back? I've used the calculator that tells me I should get the full RHI payment but I don't have anything official. It seems an odd way of doing it TBH if they only confirm what you actually receive in terms of RHI after the installation. Puts a bit more risk around the process especially as they can pull these things whenever they like. 

@newhome This is the information I received from the suppliers - 

The following heating requirement calculations for the property have been based on your floor plans.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The performance of micro generation heat pump systems is impossible to predict with certainty due to the variability of the climate and its subsequent effect on both heat supply and demand. This estimate is based on the best available information, but is given as guidance only and should not be considered as a guarantee.

Estimated annual income from RHI £878 per annum
Qualifying period - 7 years £6,146 total.

So, yes I am hoping that the RHI payments cover my interest free loan payments for the 7 year period. As you say, a no-brainer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newhome said:

My plumber friend paid in the order of £10K for supply and fit of an Ecodan system, I am not sure of the size but 8KW rings a bell.  I always thought it strange that a plumber should pay someone to fit one.

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

My plumber friend paid in the order of £10K for supply and fit of an Ecodan system, I am not sure of the size but 8KW rings a bell.  I always thought it strange that a plumber should pay someone to fit one.

I've been told I might need something around a 16kw one so not sure how much that will cost! Anyway I've emailed the company @Redoctober is using to make enquiry number 6 ... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, newhome said:

I've been told I might need something around a 16kw one so not sure how much that will cost! Anyway I've emailed the company @Redoctober is using to make enquiry number 6 ... 

@newhome , your DNO, Scottish Power, is likely to want you to have 3-phase supply for heat pumps of 14kW and up

• Thanks 1